• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pictures of Cars !

MikedaddyH

My last hotrod. (BETSY) 1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan. 327, 275HP with 400HT, I sold it in August 2014. Factory A/C power brakes and power steering.

134865592.jpg

My stock 1928 Chevrolet National Sedan. (KLINKERBELLE) Roll up windshield fresh air 4-40 A/C! 4 cylinder 1928 OHV roaring Four, 3 speed. I also sold it in August 2014

136372660.jpg

Edited by mrmackc

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to drive one of those Hondas, the 9000 RPM redline makes it really interesting

My bro-in-law worked at the parts dept of a local dealer when those Honda S2000 came out, they had several in the shop within a couple of months...people getting on it then getting caught off guard.

The Gen 1 (AP1) '99 - '03 were 9 grand redline. The only issue was that you didn't get any power until you were way up in the band. Over-reving was common and the valve spring retainers would fail if you went much beyond 9,500. Also they were noted for being tail-happy (they like to drift and they were not a car for the inexperienced driver).

In 2004 they brought out the AP2 with a larger engine (2.2L), with a longer stroke (which increased the low end torque), dropped the redline to 8,200 and tweaked the suspension to make it a bit more docile. It still likes to drift but it is much more controllable. The issue with both the AP1 and the AP2 is that when you hit VTec at 6,200, you only have an instants warning before you are bouncing off the rev limiters and you are real busy trying to get the car back under you when that happens!

Mine is modified a bit and I love cruising the mountain roads in Tennessee (OK, I admit it, I have ... exceeded ... the posted speed limits ... Uh, by accident ... maybe twice???) but most of the time the car is on a race track where if I get stupid I won't hurt anyone else.  Incredible cars purpose built for fun!

Turbocharged a Polaris Slingshot.  @8psi it's putting down 264hp, 265lb/ft of torque, and it weighs 1,700lbs.  It's a rocketship.  Can't keep the rear tire hooked up.  Off-idle runs, 4th gear from 1400rpm and mash...  once you get to 2,200rpm, you were over 200lb/ft.

Almost finished with the 2nd one, and we're running that one out.  No cutting it short.  Numbers will be different.  <thumbsup>

post-7-0-12966300-1430976541_thumb.jpg

That is one nice goat !

My step dad had a 66 with a 421 super duty from a 65 it had the triple deuce carbs and a Muncie 4speed tranny. That thing did wheelies ! Had a purple metallic paint job. Wish I had it today.

Turbocharged a Polaris Slingshot.  @8psi it's putting down 264hp, 265lb/ft of torque, and it weighs 1,700lbs.  It's a rocketship.  Can't keep the rear tire hooked up.  Off-idle runs, 4th gear from 1400rpm and mash...  once you get to 2,200rpm, you were over 200lb/ft.

Almost finished with the 2nd one, and we're running that one out.  No cutting it short.  Numbers will be different.  <thumbsup>

Holy Crap! And I thought I was crazy!  Give it the loud peddle and HANG ON!

It's a handful - countersteering is mandatory.  Might as well remove 1st, 2nd and 3rd from the trans.  It's just a smokeshow on the stock tire.  Even in 4th, lug it down then get into it - when it builds max boost around 3,800rpm, it breaks free again.  Countersteer time once again, with another furious smokeshow.  It should be illegal...  :))

I'll grab the GoPro for the next one.  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...