• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greeting from Cochise County (Arizona)

AdamO

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.  I stumbled on this sight after deciding I was going to try my hand at building my own 308 AR. 

I've done a few AR15's for myself and have always been more satisfied with something that I spec'd vs. something off the shelf and I've been wanting an AR-10 since forever so I decided, hey I'll just build my own .308 caliber AR type rifle - nothing to it right?.... WRONG!  As I have come to find out...

3695869_zpsf72f1482.jpg

I've spent the past few weeks scouring the usual forum boards across the web, talking to no less than three local armorers, and calling in person to speak with sales reps and armorers from various manufactors and retailers trying to do the whole "look before you leap" thing as I have been meticuliously arranging my shopping list.

I've even read through several of the threads on this board including the entire "what you need to know" section.

Decided at this point I'd go ahead and sign up an account so I can interact with you fine folks.  I'll be posting up my entire proposed build/shopping list in the member's builds section shortly for comments/critiques so be sure to check it out!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

-AdamO

Thanks bud!   I'm learning a ton from these guys.  If my build doesn't come together right it will be for no other reason than me not making the most of the awesome resources and people "in the know" around here.

Welcome aboard brother!