• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grade my proposed .308AR build. Comments/Critiques/Experiences welcome.

AdamO

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically.....Rendezvous in Yuma, bring the truck, the camper, the generators, and enough fuel for a week, a couple of gallons of some premium homemade shine, the YZF450 w/ the sand paddles, and a couple of boom sticks?

This has potential... >:D

Yup he's gtg, just watch out for Tom and the pants down hugs. You'll get used to it, but it's a lil strange the first time

So basically.....Rendezvous in Yuma, bring the truck, the camper, the generators, and enough fuel for a week, a couple of gallons of some premium homemade shine, the YZF450 w/ the sand paddles, and a couple of boom sticks?

Fuckit, he's in. 

Adam, typically, and for the last 10 years straight, we do a week in the dunes for T-Day.  From this baord here, it's me and DNP (Dirk) and family - plus a $hitload of other people.

THIS year, we're switching to Halloween for the week-trip.  I'll still go for T-Day, but just the 4-day weekend.  We have a buddy from Oklahomo that gets tired of coming out for a week at the end of November, then driving home at the beginning of December - and wrecking his truck is some fucking mid-west snowstorm on the way home.

This year, we're doing "the week" earlier, so he doesn't have to wreck his truck again...  <lmao>

You don't need to bring enough fuel for a week - we run into town and stock up when we need to.  Usually, someone is running into town daily, for more ice for the coolers.  I'm just sayin'... 

You can run the YFZ on knobs, too - don't need paddles.  When you put an a$s-whoopin' on someone with paddles, it makes it that much better.  <lmao>

Yeah...no matter how much beer Tom brings, he usually has to go refill in town at least once. I think he uses the "fuel" as an excuse. When the Eskimo visits us from Alaska, you need a damn beer truck.

I'm with Tom, I think you're going to fit in nicely Adam.

Ron, fly to which ever is cheaper, Phoenix or San Diego. I will promise a ride from here if this is your choice. I will supply a tent and all the main gear you need. You bring some clothes, and an MRAD with something sturdy to support her...and that's all you need. Joking about the MRAD, the rest is 100% honest.

Rob, bring the family...the boy is only young once. (<---that ain't gonna work, is it?)

Getting back on topic...  

Received the Mecharmor TacOps charging handle today.  

I'm really digging how it fits together with my Aero Precision upper:

20140811_215312_zps7ajsqmbx.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation on that part guys!!  I'm pretty impressed with it.  <thumbsup>

Edited by AdamO

Man that is one big charging handle.  You could split wood with it.  It sounds like a lot of the members are from Arizona.  I was stationed at Davis Monthan in Tucson.  Pretty damn hot.

Small world.. I spent 5 years there assigned to 612 ACOMS .  Awesome squadron and some killer TDY's.  I miss that place.

What did you do there?  I'm guessing you were with the 355th.  Pilot?  Crew chief? 

Edited by AdamO

Yup.  I was Ground Radio (2E173) officially.  But we seemed to get involved with everything around that base.  Networks, Phones, Satcom, ATC radio.  We had a sorta-kinda combined shop over there and everyone floated around to different areas a lot.  There were a few times we even worked on the wing's stuff. 

I was there from 99-04.  Made several trips down south to support Customs drug interdiction after the closed Panama and then we were some of the first boots on the ground when they began building up Al Udeid AB in 2001.  We pretty much built the first version of the AOC that took over for PSAB.  It looked a LOT different back then compared to what it is today. 

Al-Udeid2001_zpse1977aca.jpg