• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Still cased ammo with LAR8

mbjku

I am mixing my ammo for lar8 with some cheaper russian steel ammo, shots OK so far. Any issues on long term? Unfortunatly brass is tough to get with the price less than $.50 per round. Reloads from the known places are not available in good price as well. Should I wait for hunting season is over or Christmas sale for the brass? :)

Edited by mbjku

Only thing I can say is this - the .308 AR platform is not a cheap adventure.  Nothing about it is. 

Research steel cased ammo extraction issues - Google Search it  - and that will answer your questions.  Do what you want. If you got into this platform to do it cheap, then this isn't the platform you were searching for. I'm just sayin'...

I ran some steel through my 10 A2 carbine once. About 500 rounds. Just cause I wanted to get rid of it and the A2 was my AR10 beater at the time. Didn't do any kind of damage that could be observed. And she still runs great when I take her out. But I've never bought (or never will) bother buying any steel cased stuff anymore. Steel is strictly for AK's and SKS's in my opinion. For what that's worth.

I ran some steel through my 10 A2 carbine once. About 500 rounds. Just cause I wanted to get rid of it and the A2 was my AR10 beater at the time. Didn't do any kind of damage that could be observed. And she still runs great when I take her out. But I've never bought (or never will) bother buying any steel cased stuff anymore. Steel is strictly for AK's and SKS's in my opinion. For what that's worth.

Agree, for no other reason then I value my AR10's more than my other rifles,and I like to reload. But my AK gets nothing but steel and works fine.

Only thing I can say is this - the .308 AR platform is not a cheap adventure. Nothing about it is.

Research steel cased ammo extraction issues - Google Search it - and that will answer your questions. Do what you want. If you got into this platform to do it cheap, then this isn't the platform you were searching for. I'm just sayin'...

It is actually one of the cheapest .308 rifles available. Anyway I agree that still is crap but don't know anyone who got into problems with it. Just placed order of Freedom reloads, cheapest brass I could get so far. Edited by mbjku

Ahem !! The word cheap cant be used in the same sentence if you are referring to RRA and the wait period?! If you value your time on earth time is money$ shoot away and post up some targets!

Interesting. Should I offer you some .308 rounds for $2-3 each? Would it satisfy your "my rifle is not cheap..." ego? If you think this is expensive rifle you might need to check Sig's .308 rifles for example.

Edited by mbjku

Interesting. Should I offer you some .308 rounds for $2-3 each? Would it satisfy your "my rifle is not cheap..." ego? If you think this is expensive rifle you might need to check Sig's .308 rifles for example.

Please show us where you're buying $2-3 a round and why. There is plenty of brass cased ammo available, and you can order and have it delivered.

Please show us where you're buying $2-3 a round and why. There is plenty of brass cased ammo available, and you can order and have it delivered.

Who said I do? But I could always re-sale mine ;) I guess some "ferrari" rifle owners might buy it ...

Edited by mbjku

when the hell did Ferrari start making 308s? and can I get one in red?

if I could only run race gas, she would never leave the garage

Right above, if you wish I could paint them in red, it will cost you a little more ... :)

Edited by mbjku