• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need help with a AR10 overseas

freezingduck

Living in Norway I have a very limited selection of AR10's that is legal to buy.

I am planning to build a semi automatic rifle to supplement of my SSG3000 and AI.

Here are my wishlist:
Minimum 1 moa
I am planning to use the rifle out to 800yds so accuracy is one of my primary requirements,
Be reliable, the rifle must of course function 99% of the time
Would be nice if it could use Pmags
Take Magpul stocks, I am considering the PRS stock, I guess that is the best option for long range work
Price is always a consideration but they look fearly equal

The police allows the following brands:
Armalite
DPMS
JP LRP 07
HK MR762/MR308

Can anyone tell me what I should get, and why?
I have been reading up and down every forum and it seems that everyone has had problem with one, and accuracy goes from 0,5-2 moa.
Also barrel length varys from 16-22''.
I'm thinking 18-20''

Hoping to get some real help here.

Best regards
Freezingduck

Pretty damn strict.

No civilians are allowed to own handguns or semi automatic rifles without taking aprox. 200hrs of classroom and a couple of years worth of training, but then it is ok.

Now I buy any handguns I want, but rifles has to preapproved by the police, and there arn't many AR10 on that list.

IS the HK MR308 a good alternative, or is the Armalite better?

The H&K is without a doubt the best out of the box. If you want a rifle that'll just shoot from the start it's great.

That said, most of us here are tinkerers, and in that regard the H&K is the worst. Many proprietary parts and not much aftermarket support.

It's also a heavy pig!

The police allows the following brands:

Armalite

DPMS

JP LRP 07

HK MR762/MR308

^^So does this mean that only the lower has to be one of these brands and you can use any other parts available?  or just any parts from these (4) manufacturers?

Here's an interesting review of the HK > http://looserounds.com/2014/08/17/hk417-mr762a1-review-and-test/

Does weight matter to you?

The JP LRP 07 would /should be the most accurate.

The DPMS SASS would be the cheapest.

The HK, see the above review.... ::)

The best overall for accuracy & dependability.... If I had to put my ass on the line, out of these (4)  I'd carry the Armalite Super SASS.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=A10SBF&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=a1bbbf86-b2ed-495f-be70-47ca6b86de76

These are just my opinions & you know what they say about that....

Oh gawd, someone's head is getting so big it's gonna explode! Wait for it, he'll be along shortly..... <lmao>

Edited by BLKSHEEP

Gawd help me.....the Armalite that takes pmags....the "pusher" will be in here shortly :) Wash

He probably already was and is just waiting for someone else to post now...just because you said that.  <laughs>

Hey R2!  Maybe next they can do a "C" model and we can share FAL mags!  <lmao>

For a complete rifle, you'll need to stick to what your police allow you to have.  As far as midifications to that rifle, I think you'll be in bad shape - don't think you'll be able to buy many aftermarket parts.  The overwhelming majority of companies that manufacture the aftermarlet parts are US companies, and as a result, the ITAR will fuk you. 

Don't know what those rifles will cost you, but I can't imagine any of them will be inexpensive, considering your laws.  I'd go Armalite, because you'll at least be able to reach a company rep and talk about any issues - issues that probably won't happen anyway.

My $0.02.

And do I really need to throw my 2 cents in on this one? I think we all know which one that I'd suggest. <laughs>

And do I really need to throw my 2 cents in on this one? I think we all know which one that I'd suggest. <laughs>

Aw C'mon R2  this is the time for you to shine ....give the man the why's he should

....pleeeeeze    :)  Wash

I swear that Shibi is wasting his talent. He's a stand-up comic hiding inside a machinist/weapons builder. <lmao>

CMMG. <laughs> You actually want to send this poor Norwegian down that Fuked up road? Even his country realizes that those things are $hit, and didn't even let them on the list of 4 approved rifle manufactures.

Freezingduck..........Armalite all the way. Pay no attention to that joker from Arizona. <laughs>