• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blue builds a carbine

blue109

Damn instigators

Matrix receiver set from Chris (big thanks, and damn you...) I also ordered his LPK because I didn't want to deal with modifying and piecing stuff together. His LPK is direct drop in. No issues. Had a standard DPMS buffer setup and sopmod stock in the parts pile so well give it it a shot. PRI delta rail and SWAN sleeve. KAC 200-600 rear sight. These were designed for MK262 77gr 5.56 ammo, which is pretty close to some 308 ballistics. Well see how close when it's up and running. PRI gas block sight. SLR brake. Going to be running a 16" rifle gas barrel.

Optic is a bushnell elite SMRS 1-6X. SFP BDC reticle. Plan on mounting in Warne QD rings, or a AD RECON SL mount depending on how much I can scrape together.

PicsArt_1437943783679.jpg

PicsArt_07-03-08.58.35.jpg

Edited by blue109

and again, sweet looking rail! :drool:

That swan sleeve should work well with the extra long eye relief on the SMRS, they list it at 3 1/2 inch but I find I needed closer to four inches and I like my nose right up behind the charging handle so I've had to use the extended style mounts.

I mocked the scope up and it seemed to feel good with the eyepiece sitting just forward of the top of the folded down buis. With the raised rail, I get a good cheekweld with the scope center 1" over the rail. AD and GG&G both have non extended "bolt action" QD mounts in that range. All the extended mounts I'm looking at seem to be too tall.

Blue....with your PRI obsession, I may have a deal for you. This has been sitting in my safe since I built the 308. I bought it, decided it wasn't for me and never put it on. If it's one that you're interested in, doesn't have to be right now, let me know. post-11192-0-39266900-1438061707_thumb.j

Going on a limb to say low. Should be the standard height, but I don't know squat for technical info. It fit on my JD when I bought it. I put it on finger tight and didn't care for it.

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186630&CAT=4822

I'm not really trying hard to get rid of it, or pushing you to buy it....just figure you own at least one of everything from PRI....so if this one ever fit the bill I could save you a few bucks.

Edited by DNP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...