• Visit Sportsmans Guide

You will not be missed

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're hurt that parts might fall off my truck....I'm glad you like it.

You must have originally been referring to my wanna be Prius gay Ford Fusion....I think it makes my Checy jealous that I drive the little gay car more.

Edited by DNP

And this thread right here is just a small sample of why I like this place. Its like sitting at the bar.  

Robs original post got me to thinking. Back in the day I was into building custom trucks and would help my buddy put on a huge show once a year, anyway there was a big database of guys info such as Name, address phone# and what they would be willing to do or any special trades or tools they had. That way if a distant brother was traveling through or on vacation somewhere if they had a problem or breakdown they could call a brother up and say HEY can you help me out?  Or even to just say hey Im in town lets meet up and go cruisin...  Maybe we could create something here like that. With limited or private access obviously. That way the brothers that are not that tight with each other would have a fellow like minded brother near by if they were traveling.

Just an idea

Hell....it's after bedtime for us guys on the east coast.

Been working on a roof demmoing ductwork and setting up rooftop for the crane tommorrow.90+ w/humidity I am a tired fukin dog.If that wasn't bad enough I'll start with a new outfit,job is 60 miles one way :eek: .Fuk,at least I'm working. :yup:

Not much to add, except we need to post a video of the short bus doing

<laughs>

It's at 2:30, side note my buddy was in the skid steer at 1:25 and the kid missed the foam pit, that was a bad bad day. I'm not old enough to have seen evil kenivel but I have mad respect for the man, I'd have to say pastrana is up there with him!! Edited by shepp

:threadjack:

I lucked into briefly meeting Evil Knievel when I was 9 years old. We were on a camping vacation in Idaho and saw him in a roadside park there. He had a semi-camper with a snazzy paint job. I was so awestruck I didn't even think to ask for an autograph :hail: . A larger than life experience for sure!

I found a picture of the semi on the net;

post-12531-0-16552200-1438302178_thumb.j

Met Micheal Jordan twice at road America complete dick head

Best one was Nickey Hayden and his father at the Shanghai Moto GP, I coulda sat there and listen to Earl talk about his career and his boys for days.

Edited by shepp

Who is the most famous person you've ever met?

I once got to shoot a round of trap with Roy Rogers.

Respectfully

Terry

The only one I remember is Pappy Boyington.  So dumbfounded at meeting the man I didn't know what to say...by that time he was very laid back and down to earth, selling autographed memoirs out of a van with his wife, following the airshow circuit.

It's at 2:30, side note my buddy was in the skid steer at 1:25 and the kid missed the foam pit, that was a bad bad day. I'm not old enough to have seen evil kenivel but I have mad respect for the man, I'd have to say pastrana is up there with him!!

It's hard to explain Evel Knievel (or heavy weight championship boxing) to youngsters that grew up with cable and on-demand television.

Back in his heyday, his upcoming jumps were hyped for WEEKS on the only sports show worth a damn:  ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Friday everyone at school was talking about planning to watch the jump.  On Sunday everyone was talking about the jump.

It's hard to explain Evel Knievel (or heavy weight championship boxing) to youngsters that grew up with cable and on-demand television.

Back in his heyday, his upcoming jumps were hyped for WEEKS on the only sports show worth a damn: ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Friday everyone at school was talking about planning to watch the jump. On Sunday everyone was talking about the jump.

I know what your saying although I didn't have cable my dad hated the local cable company. We had a huge antenna with a rotor on it, we got Madison, Rockford and Milwaukee stations, some nights in the winter we could get Chicago. Finally got dish when I was 16-17.

:threadjack:

I lucked into briefly meeting Evil Knievel when I was 9 years old. We were on a camping vacation in Idaho and saw him in a roadside park there. He had a semi-camper with a snazzy paint job. I was so awestruck I didn't even think to ask for an autograph :hail: . A larger than life experience for sure!

I found a picture of the semi on the net;

attachicon.gifEKMack_01_1000.jpg

The wife's grandfather sold the property on the Snake River Canyon rim he jumped off of.