• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

You will not be missed

Chuck Yeager. Though that was at a fund raiser. Somewhere I still have a photo with him. It was a shooting event at a private hunt club. Great sporting clay setup. Skeet, trap, ducks and pheasant. Was a good day and I got to meet a legend.

Edited by DNP

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rock in' roll or politicos?

Back in 1985 I had an electronics company that made carbon monoxide detectors for yachts and RV's.I was setting up my booth on a Friday late in the day at Market Hall in Dallas for the boat show. I saw several guys snooping around the aisles ...then here comes Bush the elder...he was VP back then. He came directly over to my booth and wanted to know what I had? I explained it to him and then gave him a boxed new CO detector..he was most gracious...shook my hand again and was off.

as for rockn'roll my frat brother's Dad was an agent for bands and singers...so we had Ike and Tina Turner and the Ikettes perform for our frat party....boogaloo all nite long  :) Wash

Who is the most famous person you've ever met?

Played a round of golf ahead of then behind KC Jones, Lenny Wilkens, Bill Russel and the sports caster bought us lunch at the clubhouse. They were so cool.

Then met the Bush boys and Ronny Reagan at a convention in 1980.

Also a bunch of Suns players. And a few boxers, Tyson,SugarRay,Duran,Carbajal and Ali's daughter. Steve Largent and Jim Zorn twice.

I did Rusty Wallace's HVAC work at his lake house.

That's pretty cool. I was a fan of his since the 80's until he retired. As much as he sucked at the end....nobody could ever call me a fair weather fan. <laughs>  A buddy of mine met him at the air and space museum restoration shops outside of DC and said that he was a pretty decent guy. Wasn't a dick as he toured their facility.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

All new comers are screened by our staff, not to separate, but to assist. A history of our forum, a description of our banter and antics and a warning of etiquette are commonplace for new comers who have trouble "fitting in" at first. A personal PM from our staff, combined with a warm welcome to the forum.

Thank you and TOS acknowledged. 308AR Rocks

Man.... I was on one that day. Lol. I forget about this thread, but laugh to myself every time it's brought up or resurrected. 

It might be old, dry as a bag of bones and written on one of those "it stays in Vegas" days but nothing in it that probably didn't need to be said. Still getting folks attention too haha

Man.... I was on one that day. Lol. I forget about this thread, but laugh to myself every time it's brought up or resurrected. 

I have it copied into my notes on my phone for special occasions and easy access. It actually was PM'd to someone a few months back. It needs to be read by everyone. 

• 1 month later...

Bumping this. I've been absent and for that I apologize, but no apologies to the idiots who resemble all that this thread was created for. 

Most recently would be gatormonroe, and I executed a napalm strike on his ass.

This forum isn't perfect but it's home. Not everyone is welcome or fits in. They can pound sand. No one will step foot in and disrespect those who built this house.

Ever.

2 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Bumping this. I've been absent and for that I apologize, but no apologies to the idiots who resemble all that this thread was created for. 

Most recently would be gatormonroe, and I executed a napalm strike on his ass.

This forum isn't perfect but it's home. Not everyone is welcome or fits in. They can pound sand. No one will step foot in and disrespect those who built this house.

Ever.

It was PM'd linked and posted numerous times for him