• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Firearms Stocks down

15 minutes ago, bowhtr1 said:

I hope anyone holding stocks in the firearm industry sold before the election. They are all down with Trump winning the election which is good for us but less firearms will be sold. Good news is that they are low now if you wanted to buy.

You think less will be sold?  Maybe right away, yes, but I think in the long run it may even-out.  They will get cheaper and more folks will be able to buy.

18 minutes ago, GRA said:

You think less will be sold?  Maybe right away, yes, but I think in the long run it may even-out.  They will get cheaper and more folks will be able to buy.

^^^^^ I think this right here and ammo will level off without the hoarding off previous elections. Don't see 22Lr. going down since they saw people will pay .5/.10 per round. just my 2 mags.

1 minute ago, unforgiven said:

^^^^^ I think this right here and ammo will level off without the hoarding off previous elections. Don't see 22Lr. going down since they saw people will pay .5/.10 per round. just my 2 mags.

I agree.  The .22 LR situation appears to be beyond repair for a while.

41 minutes ago, GRA said:

I think that Oboma did the industry a big favor. Many folks have got the itch and need to scratch it because a whole new segment of the population have started enjoying the shooting sports and self defense. You know what happens when someone buys a gun and starts shooting. More guns needs more different forms of firearms, ammo, reloaders , on and on and on. For God's sake you know because we experienced that itch. scratch, scratch, oh that feels so good! 

3 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I think that Oboma did the industry a big favor. Many folks have got the itch and need to scratch it because a whole new segment of the population have started enjoying the shooting sports and self defense. You know what happens when someone buys a gun and starts shooting. More guns needs more different forms of firearms, ammo, reloaders , on and on and on. For God's sake you know because we experienced that itch. scratch, scratch, oh that feels so good! 

:laffs:  This is most true.  I'm just wondering about the fact that lots of folks were out of work and may not have been able to afford AR15 / LR-308 platforms from 2008 to now and have been waiting for them to become more affordable.  I have the impression that is why Colt (Expanse) and Armalite (Eagle Arms AR15) and Midway USA (Stoner line) came out with cheaper-end guns so more of them could be sold during harder times ... (???)

Regardless ... the more sold the better, as I think most ammo prices will more than likely drop after about a year or so, if not sooner.

I was at the gun show here in Pasadena the weekend before the election and it was packed but prices didn't seem to be too badly gouged.  The prices seem to have been either the same as they have been since 2012 or maybe about 10% higher.  This was the PREMIER gun show which here is known as the low-end gun show promoter traditionally, and most of their vendors are fairly regular.  I did notice that some of the vendors that were there seemed to have had a lot of their same inventory for 2nd. and 3rd. quarter of 2016 however they appear to have sold quite a bit as these inventories had changed somewhat.

Ammo and mags were on the higher end, regardless of make and model.

Optics and optic accessories seem to be consistent in price as were pump shotguns, bolt-action rifles, and less-tactical firearms/sporting arms.

The big shows are within the next week and the first week of December.   These shows will be educational to price.

Just for the record. There's really only two publicly traded gun companies. Smith and Wesson (ticker SWHC), and Ruger (ticker RGR). All the others are either privately held. Either by individuals, small groups or larger investment groups.

As far as copper spiking up over the last week? I'm all for it. I've been taking it in the ass with a copper company that I'm invested with for the last two years. :laffs:

7 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

As far as copper spiking up over the last week? I'm all for it. I've been taking it in the ass with a copper company that I'm invested with for the last two years. :laffs:

If Trump gets them to rebuild our infrastructure, maybe they'll put our powergrid underground.  That'll do those copper stocks some good.

Then you can afford to buy Armalite and up their QC to what it once was.  :hornet:

I've built a dozen ARs for noobs the past year. All of them started with $400 PSA build kits. Several have been bitten and are on second and third ARs. At this point everyone buying with political motivations already has guns. Low prices will hook all the remaining people who have considered buying but put a low priority on it.

Edited by blue109

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2016 at 8:07 AM, planeflyer21 said:

If Trump gets them to rebuild our infrastructure, maybe they'll put our powergrid underground.  That'll do those copper stocks some good.

I seem to have heard there's been a push to put our power on fiber optic lines.

Then you can afford to buy Armalite and up their QC to what it once was.  :hornet: