• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail?

imschur

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After lots and lots of agonizing over the options, I placed an order with Northern Gun Parts for a "AR-15 / M-16 308 5 1/2" Flash Hider w/Holes" which you can see at http://bit.ly/19CtQ1f

When I first got my DPMS LR 308 T I put a Bennie Cooley (JP Enterprises) muzzle brake on it. The thing worked as advertised, but just about took my head off. It's been over a week and my ears are still ringing. So I figured, I'd rather live with the recoil than have a muzzle blast like that. When hunting, I don't go out with my ears plugged. I figure a flash hider with this design just might cut down on the blast.

I also placed an order with Midway for a "PRI Gas Block Single Picatinny Rail". You can see it at http://bit.ly/11FO7Bw

I got it because I wanted a forward mounting point for the front sight of the DPMS. The location of the "real" gas block doesn't give much of a sight radius, and I'm an iron sights guy. Scopes drive me nuts.

I'll have to shim the gas block because it's drilled 0.750" but the barrel at the muzzle measures 0.730". I know that because a guy on another thread here told me about it. Thanks, dude!

Also "on order", in a way, is the DPMS itself. It fired the first two rounds okay, but dented the spent brass, and after that, simply would not eject. So it went back to the factory. I've heard that DPMS has reasonable turn-around times for re-work, so I'm hoping to get the rifle back soon. It's been a week and a half so far. At least it's not deer season.

Edited by gnatshooter

500 Box of Seneca Armory 7.62x51mm 147g ammo at $.71/Round. Found it really suiting my PTR. They told me their Ammo is popular among G3, PTR, H&K owners.

Two new magazines of 20 rounds.

Am looking for a decent scope now.

I'm new to 7.62x51mm chambered rifles, if you have any suggestions, please do let me know. So far I;m enjoying my new PTR and am bragging about it a lot :)

Edited by Toasted308

Seneca Armory 7.62x51mm Ammo, 1500 rounds. Paid $355 for each 500 Rounds box.

Enough for me to shoot for a whole month. Ordered it last night after seeing a post here about Seneca Armory. They are shipping me my 3 boxes today.

SA's 7.62x51mm is New Brass 147g FMJBT Berdan Primed ammo. Factory guys told me they are unique in new brass but Berdan primed which burns cleaner.

Edited by Alabamaunter

Two boxes of Federal Gold 168 gr. boat tail, hollow point from Cabelas - shipped finally.

Only ordered it December 2012. It's gotta be a record.

Funny thing, few days ago I saw it on their website and had to send them and email to remind them of my order.

I like Cabelas but it's still terrible service.

Seneca Armory 7.62x51mm Ammo, 1500 rounds. Paid $355 for each 500 Rounds box.

Enough for me to shoot for a whole month. Ordered it last night after seeing a post here about Seneca Armory. They are shipping me my 3 boxes today.

SA's 7.62x51mm is New Brass 147g FMJBT Berdan Primed ammo. Factory guys told me they are unique in new brass but Berdan primed which burns cleaner.

Follow-up on my first ammo deal with Seneca Armory.

I received my 3 boxes today. Neatly packed in bulk. Will take to the range after work, will let you all know how it went.

Edited by Alabamaunter

I went on Brownells to buy some FireClean for my rifles... Came out of there with a new bore guide, a Phase 5 extended .308 bolt release, and a poop ton more McCormick 1911 mags.

What was supposed to be a quick $15 order, turned into a MUCH more expensive ordeal.... Grrrr

Edited by Robocop1051

A heavy buffer for my DPMS LR-308T should arrive via UPS tomorrow. Thinking about ordering an extended bolt release http://bit.ly/12VkaNI

I don't know why someone can't market a bolt catch that simply has a larger paddle on the top for a reasonable price. The only one I've seen was pointed out to me on this forum and cost ~$80. Might just get that one and cut it down.

I put in an order for the "Covert Compensator Flash Hider" from Black River Tactical. They don't sell their own stuff, they only go through dealers, so I ordered it through Bison Armory. Over there, they call it a "linear compensator", and that's what it is -- a lot like the Kies Blast Master, but Joe Bob Outfitters is out of stock.

A muzzle device like this is supposed to work by sending the muzzle blast downrange to save your ears.

I'm adding this on as a counterpart to the Heavy Buffer I got to reduce recoil on the LR 308. I guess you'd say I'm working on opposite ends of the rifle.

CTR and ergo grip showed up today. omega rail, ssa-e and MOE rifle stock along with who knows what else I ordered came but left with ups due to lack of a signature. My 1000ml beaker and some aluminum potassium sulfate came today(this will be explained in a new thread shortly...got something I have to try). 14.5" Barrel assembly and a bunch of other goodies from bcm are still traveling the land.

Oh, also had some spare CRKT knife parts show up today. A while back I got on their website to look up warranty info and you can order replacement small parts for free. They sent two new clips and screws for a couple of my older knives. That was a nice surprise.

Edited by DNP

Yeah, but think of all the parts you're gonna buy with the heating/cooling savings you're gonna have!

And a side note from my above post. UPS can lick my sack. They make it a real pain in the ass when the seller wants a signature. I get to drive 30miles to pick up the package that came the other day. And I have one more on Monday that will arrive for the first time and have to get held as well.