• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vegas Shooting

survivalshop

3 hours ago, shepp said:

I havnt really been pushing the topic, just let him share and told him if he needed someone to talk to to gimme a shout

Ain't that the fucking truth

I can respect that.  I would do the same.

I came across this article and thought of him.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article177047656.html

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are saying now that they believe he may have had an accomplice ?  Now did the accomplice pop a cap into him & escape ?   wow , the tin foil just shifted on my hat .

They also found several of the Bump Fire equipped Rifles had Jams & thats why they were tossed aside .

Edited by survivalshop

On 10/4/2017 at 8:19 AM, EngrBob said:

What no one seems to be talking about is the level of planning and practice that went into this event (what the hell word do you really use for this).  You don't just order a bunch of guns from Bud's and ammo from SSA and jump into this.  Aside from the issue of getting everything to the room and building the stands, if that was bump fire he had to practice for some time to be as proficient in holding for long bursts with any accuracy, particularly if one/some of the weapons were AR10/AR208s.  I would still like to know whether some of them were modified for full auto.  Did they find the tools/set up at any of his homes to indicate he was doing home gun-smithing?  The just appears to be some loose ends here that point to something other than a lone wolf.  A lone wolf shooter perhaps but there are too many questions without answers.

I doubt that any degree of accuracy was a factor a spray of bullets as many possible  in a short amount of time was the goal of this killer the elevated shooting position also indicates this supposition.

7 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I doubt that any degree of accuracy was a factor a spray of bullets as many possible  in a short amount of time was the goal of this killer the elevated shooting position also indicates this supposition.

Yep Mr Mac agree. No skill to empty bump fire equipped weapons into a mass of 20,000 people from 32 floors up. May the SOB burn in hell.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/05/nra-calls-for-atf-review-bump-stocks-new-regulations-after-las-vegas-shooting.html

Slide fire IS going to take one for the team, and possibly other crank type mods also.....nothing much can stop this one. A sacrificial lamb on the alter of public ignorance of what really caused this episode of stupidity.

Just now, blue109 said:

Why im not a member of the NRA.

Same here, since 1986 when they pulled the same crap, they honestly believe the American citizen has no business with full auto weapons. Jumped all over this opportunity to impress their friends on the costs with how reasonable they are.

1 hour ago, bubbas4570 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/05/nra-calls-for-atf-review-bump-stocks-new-regulations-after-las-vegas-shooting.html

Slide fire IS going to take one for the team, and possibly other crank type mods also.....nothing much can stop this one. A sacrificial lamb on the alter of public ignorance of what really caused this episode of stupidity.

I said that in an earlier post .

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

So proud of the NRA, thank god they are so on top of what is best for me. God forbid they actually stand up against the ignorant idea that morality can be legislated. They are real supporters of the 2A and its original intent.......

sarcasm2.jpg.f13472e99a1f46b31ab15c08c4298eb5.jpg

The Bump fire or crank fire or what ever , has nothing to do with firearms , its a stock system or a hand crank to get around the NFA  & not part of the Second amendment .They can do what ever they want to it . Its not infringing on the Second Amendment .

Face it , if you want a Select fire weapon , you can buy it , they just cost a lot . You can say the bump stock is a poor mans full auto , but now people know its out there & wondering why , because of one POS , its gone .

I have had a lot of people who asked me , what is that thing & how come its legal to do that , of course , because of some animal , its front & center & will take one for the team .

For me , I could care less . it can go Bye , no big deal . People can just jump up & down & scream that its part of their rights , but its not , no where near it . I always said , I was  surprised  it was Ok'd by O'Buttheads ATF anyway . 

I would be more worried on what they try to pile on with this .

14 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I said that in an earlier post .

The Bump fire or crank fire or what ever , has nothing to do with firearms , its a stock system or a hand crank to get around the NFA  & not part of the Second amendment .They can do what ever they want to it . Its not infringing on the Second Amendment .

Face it , if you want a Select fire weapon , you can buy it , they just cost a lot . You can say the bump stock is a poor mans full auto , but now people know its out there & wondering why , because of one POS , its gone .

I have had a lot of people who asked me , what is that thing & how come its legal to do that , of course , because of some animal , its front & center & will take one for the team .

For me , I could care less . it can go Bye , no big deal . People can just jump up & down & scream that its part of their rights , but its not , no where near it . I always said , I was  surprised  it was Ok'd by O'Buttheads ATF anyway . 

I would be more worried on what they try to pile on with this .

I whole heartedly agree. 

26 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Do I own a bump fire, no, never saw the need, I can shoot more effectively without it. I do worry about what else will be piled on, what will be next if we allow this? My 2A is there so I can protect myself and family from a tyrannical government, the NFA infringes on that. I'm not in any mood to give anything, I'm of the mind that taking back lost rights is long overdue. The actions of one POS cannot be allowed to have that much influence, it only invites more POS's to make their own marks.

I know you and I see the full auto issue differently so there will be no meeting in the middle on this, for me "not be infringed" is clear language. The founding fathers wanted the citizens to be the equal of the government when it comes to firepower to dissuade any future government from becoming tyrannical, it is all spelled out in their writings, but then I guess history dooms us to repeat it, again.

When does the pressure cooker ban come in? They are clearly not in the 2A but can be devastating weapons...........

Edited by jtallen83

I agree with SS I could care less if Bump Fires and cranks disappear. Had a crank in the 1970s for my AR180. It was a toy, nothing more. As for Blues last post right above, I haven't seen anything showing this bird was Liberal, Antifa, , White Supremacist or Alt Right for that matter. That kind of stuff just muddies the water until proven. Whatever or whoever he was, he was a sicko. Trying to lump it to a political brand on either end is plain BS in my opinion, and trying to use that it happened for political gain. Enough.

22 minutes ago, Sisco said:

and trying to use that it happened for political gain. Enough.

So then I gather you would be against a knee jerk political action that leads to a law banning bump fires? The politicians, NRA included, are not stupid enough to actually believe that passing a law will end this type of lunacy..........they just can't stop themselves from from passing up a crisis for political gain, political mind you, no real gains to be made here outside of politics.

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

So then I gather you would be against a knee jerk political action that leads to a law banning bump fires? The politicians, NRA included, are not stupid enough to actually believe that passing a law will end this type of lunacy..........they just can't stop themselves from from passing up a crisis for political gain, political mind you, no real gains to be made here outside of politics.

Hell fire bro. They gotta do sump-thin even if they do it wrong!