98Z5V

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, suzukiray said:

WOW!!! I'm a finish carpenter and was actually liking the look of it and even thinking about making something similar out of a more high end wood, like zebra or kookabola!! As Yoda would say "Strong is the butthurt in this one!! Thin skinned he is!!"

Lmao!!!

:laffs:

I have been looking at these for a while now.

http://woodforar.com/walnut-rifle-grade-a/

7 hours ago, Savoy LLC said:

Judging by feedback so far in this thread 98Z5V I can't imagine anyone here being interested in this rifle unless I stuff it into a can and call it some barely recognizable food product. I'm still figuring out why posting a never-before-done free-floated wood AR308 on this 308AR forum is laughable, but talking about nasty chicken is popular. As I said, posting on threads is new to me, but don't worry gentlemen, I don't plan to visit here again. Enjoy your canned chicken.   

Making a Woody isn't unpopular. I built a wood-furniture National Match AR15 in 2010 or 2011. I have the Armalite NM freefloat tube to finish it into a "true" National Match rifle, and I'm afraid to bore those true wood handguards up to clear the NM tube.  

You can leave if you want - that's on you.  Woody's won't be the reason to leave, not at all. If you're butthurt, because all this is new to you, and you leave - then that's on you. Grow thick skin.  The world can be harsh - very harsh, when your skin is thin. 

You posted your rifle in a contest thread, and the contest has been over for a long time now.  Think about that...

So, since I won your contest, that you decided to post in an old contest thread - when are you sending me the prize?  I'll use it, gladly - I'll even put a matching wood pistol grip on it, and take it out every time I take out my NM Woody AR15.  :thumbup::hail:

P1060129.JPG

P1060130.JPG

P1060131.JPG

P1060132.JPG

P1060133.JPG

Wood13.jpg

You can leave, all offended and butthurt - or you can stay, and possibly learn more.  Once you decide that you know everything, and stop learning, and you refuse to grow.  That's when you get surpassed, by everyone else that's still willing to learn.  Everyone, all the time, every single day - needs to learn something new...

Here's the build thread on My Woody:

5 hours ago, shepp said:

Buddy your the one that necro’d the thread. 

Its ok you don’t sound like any fun and you had my DEWS pinging ??

forums have been Around since the dawn of the internet, Hell we gotta 85 year old man here that navigates just fine!! ??

5 hours ago, COBrien said:

...you have a Directed Energy Weapons System?!

104844914-directed-energy-laser-weapon-s

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Distant EarlyWarning System. DEWS. Those monster radars in Alska and Greenland to pick up ICBM launches.

Shepp knows what it is.  It's the Dumbass Early Warning System.  That's me.  I am the Dumbass Early Warning System.  Look under my name when I post...   :thumbup:

Dumbass Early Warning System is WAY more fun, here - you gotta trust me on that...   :thumbup::laffs:

In a way, it IS a Directed Energy Weapons System...  It kinda works out that way...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 hours ago, Savoy LLC said:

As I said, posting on threads is new to me, but don't worry gentlemen, I don't plan to visit here again. Enjoy your canned chicken.   

You visited here again 17 minutes ago - I hope you saw my response, here, in this thread.  Woody is not new. Your handguard IS new.  If you get over whatever it is that has you hung up, here, I'd like to hear about how you did it.

Edited by 98Z5V

How do you hear lil Savoy glide in here with his lil lite loafers?  Oh crap I know how....you got that smellovision thing on the pc...you smell his parfume  and hairspray as he glides in...and the pledge orange oil he wipes his wooden handguard with   :laffs:   Wash

You can leave, all offended and butthurt - or you can stay, and possibly learn more.  Once you decide that you know everything, and stop learning, and you refuse to grow.  That's when you get surpassed, by everyone else that's still willing to learn.  Everyone, all the time, every single day - needs to learn something new...

Those are really good words to live by. But I am still not going to learn to eat a whole canned chicken. ?

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

You can leave, all offended and butthurt - or you can stay, and possibly learn more.  Once you decide that you know everything, and stop learning, and you refuse to grow.  That's when you get surpassed, by everyone else that's still willing to learn.  Everyone, all the time, every single day - needs to learn something new...

Those are really good words to live by. But I am still not going to learn to eat a whole canned chicken. ?

Good words! Also you may learn we’re not a bunch of assholes just protect and question oddities in our home! 

Ive still got a chicken in the pantery, maybe I’ll bring it this fall. 

13 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

I don't know why he apologized to me directly. Geez, some people are so thin skinned.

Same here - the only reason I even responded was because he decided to address me directly, when I didn't even say much to him - He got called on bragging abd posting his new rifle in the Contest Section, under an old contest that's over.  That's pretty dumb...

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Isn’t that all the troopers? I once had one ask me if I wanted to fist fight him on the side of 90 south of portage 

Portage has that effect on everybody who has to be around it.:box1:

personal code: I never fist fight someone carrying a Glock.

Dam, come to think of it, you two might have met already!

Edited by Sisco

17 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Portage has that effect on everybody who has to be around it.:box1:

personal code: I never fist fight someone carrying a Glock.

Dam, come to think of it, you two might have met already!

This dude was old and 100% asshole he was mad cuz my buddy was riding wheelies for miles, off duty cop called us in and road blocked us. Trooper my wheelie buddy was dealing with was nice and professional, mine not so much. He first told me he was going to take us all to Columbia county jail For doing wheelies on his highway, I laughed and said my bike won’t even do a wheelie (93 Kwai ex500) that really pissed him off more things escalated and he asked if I wanted to fight him I think that’s when I said sir, I think you’re acting like a jackass and if I talked to people at my job like you’re talking to me right now I’d be fired. He was stunned for a moment and replied would you like to speak with my superior? I said yes I would, he gave me his and his supers cards. I never did hear back from anyone...

i woulda like to have seen the body cam video but this was like 04. I was hung over from three days in the dells, I really think the other trooper had not been there things woulda gone much worse. The whole time my buddy with the other trooper is like holy fuck what’s your partners problem. I figured he was already gonna take me to jail might as well make it worth it........

remind me to tell you guys how we we got the stripper fired around the camp fire!