• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rain

Belt Fed

2 hours ago, mrmackc said:

We used to tape our britches legs down

I use blousing rubbers like the military had me use and soak my boots with 98% DEET. Keeping the pantlegs up also keeps them out of the mud for the most part. Still get those ticks that attack from higher elevations though............

Im "sunburnt".. Its draining my body so fast at work as i get older. my crew is lagging because were not used to this much sun.. 78* today. I attacked grass for 8 hours due to high levels. it will rain here when you get burnt on your end. waiting for the weather to flip next week..

2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

And the rain just keeps coming here in Houston too.  Flooding is happening in spots again, this is getting old.

That storm system is affecting me, too, but I can't say it's in a bad way.  The entire southwest keeps getting the residual cloud cover, and temps have been down.  We've only had one 100-degree day so far this year.  Normally, by this time, I'd be deep into the 110s already.  It's been a very weird spring, that's for sure.

Stay dry over there - keep to the high ground.  :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Rained off and on all day. Think the sun has abandoned us.

Same here, rained all day. Looks like you may get a break today but we will still have the tail end pissing on us. We have lost almost a full month of work time now, makes managing a construction job easy though, the reports are all cut and paste "No work due to rain and high water" :nutkick:

Yep. We're pretty sloppy here on the East coast too. This $hit just keeps coming. Maybe stops for a day or two, just to tease us. And before it can really dry out. Boom. The skies open up. Which always makes me ask. Why can't it just be a steady rain? I mean, it could go on for days like that for all the fuk I care. But no, it's always these doomsday, armageddon types of storms that come rolling through and really FUK everything up.

44 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Same here, rained all day. Looks like you may get a break today but we will still have the tail end pissing on us. We have lost almost a full month of work time now, makes managing a construction job easy though, the reports are all cut and paste "No work due to rain and high water" :nutkick:

Nope, cool, cloudy and misting rain, rained pretty hard early this morning.  It has rained so much for so long my yard is a washout. I need two or three loads of top soil. grass has even died from standing in water for so long. I don't live in a low lying area either. But some of you have got more than us, so I should stop complaining.lol

4 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Should have known, just can't rely on the forecast anymore, nothing but clickbait!

Yeah, our weather babes(most are women) here don't have a clue what it's going to do. I didn't watch TV yesterday, I was busy fixin crap lightening blew up last Friday. I finally found all the stuff and have fixed it except for a couple things. but a day before they said today was going to be sunny and warm.

2 hours ago, shooterrex said:

We had a record amount of rainfall last year. This year is on track to beat that. I need to cut hay but without 3-4 days of no rain and some sun to dry it out there is no point in cutting it. Maybe next week.

Same here, we got freak storms in August dropping insane amounts of rain in places.  We got 3” in less than two hours one night. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, jtallen83 said:

I use blousing rubbers like the military had me use and soak my boots with 98% DEET. Keeping the pantlegs up also keeps them out of the mud for the most part. Still get those ticks that attack from higher elevations though............

On 5/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, jtallen83 said:

JT get an agent containing permithrin and put it on your boots and blousing rubbers. But wash your hands then. It will kill the ticks, not just repel them.

6 minutes ago, Sisco said:

JT get an agent containing permithrin and put it on your boots and blousing rubbers. But wash your hands then. It will kill the ticks, not just repel them.

I do use a spray with that most summers, have a can in the truck somewhere, it’s government issued if I ask. Not sure why I hadn’t got it out yet. Usually sprayed the boots and my orange safety vest, stuff always kept those Mississippi chiggers off me. Thanks for jogging my memory, might save me from one of those nasty tick borne diseases 👍

14 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I do use a spray with that most summers, have a can in the truck somewhere, it’s government issued if I ask. Not sure why I hadn’t got it out yet. Usually sprayed the boots and my orange safety vest, stuff always kept those Mississippi chiggers off me. Thanks for jogging my memory, might save me from one of those nasty tick borne diseases 👍

👍