• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 870 Hardwood Home Defense...?

COBrien

Just put the money in on an 870. Looks similar to that HHD, but has a shorter tube. Considering adding the Nordic to it. Don’t think I’ll switch up to the magpul furniture right away - I kinda like the look of the standard wood furniture on it. Anything else I should be looking at for a house gun?

They didn’t have those. Stuff has been out of stock around here for so long. I figured the 870 was more budget friendly than the Beretta 1301. And it is the HHD version, though in the 4 round config. That gets fixed first. I like the Vang Comp sights, but they cost damn near as much as the gun. Might put the XS rail on it like I have on the marlin. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the extension and sights are the plan right now. It’s mainly going to be an around the house gun, so I don’t think I’m going to sling it for the time being. I like the wood furniture. Might look at a clamp for a light as well. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:39 AM, DNP said:

They didn’t have those. Stuff has been out of stock around here for so long. I figured the 870 was more budget friendly than the Beretta 1301. And it is the HHD version, though in the 4 round config. That gets fixed first. I like the Vang Comp sights, but they cost damn near as much as the gun. Might put the XS rail on it like I have on the marlin. 

The 1301 is on my short list. I need another shotgun. Or two?

31 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

The 1301 is on my short list. I need another shotgun. Or two?

I fondled a 1301 and researched it a bit. It’s a bad bitch. I didn’t want to spend that much on a shotgun right now. Just knew I wanted one that wasn’t barreled for birds. 

• 11 months later...

unfortunately the original poster could not decide on a shotgun, and was tickled to death by marauding clowns three years ago.....

all of this could have been prevented with and Ithaca 37 or a mossberg with walnut furniture 

0-F5-EDCDA-0-FCA-4-A99-884-E-B398389139-

Edited by AngelDeVille

3 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

unfortunately the original poster could not decide on a shotgun, and was tickled to death by marauding clowns three years ago.....

all of this could have been prevented with and Ithaca 37 or a mossberg with walnut furniture 

0-F5-EDCDA-0-FCA-4-A99-884-E-B398389139-

I likey brother 🍻🍻