• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

tec

TEC

I am trying to decide on either a .308 or 6.5 Creedmore complete AR type rifle.  The proclaimed 30% less recoil of the 6.5 interests me but it seems they all are 20"+ barrels with heavier weight over the .308 with a 16" barrel.   I like the price and weight of the .308 Diamondback & DPMS Oracle.   I am new here and would appreciate your comments.

welcome to endless knowledge and experience.. first thing to know about you is your intention for the rifle, also what is your experience.. can you build your rifle cheaper than the one you want to upgrade off the shelf?  like a bathroom or kitchen remodel you have to always have a budget$$ start there and many members here will save you heartache and $! 

Welcome to the forum, can't go wrong with either of them. I hunt with Diamondbacks in 308 and 6.5.  both will do the job. i'm partial to the 6'5 for hunting. but it has limited ammo for just plinking where the 308 has numerous.  I would say if you're going to have just one to hunt and target shoot with, the 308 would be the better choice.  Then maybe later you can get a 6.5