• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Merry Christmas

392heminut

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That stuff right there runs dirty as hell, brother.  Bet that gummed up the works from the get-go...  :thumbup:

I believe  you are correct sir.  I got irratated thinking about it around 3am last night, got back out of bed &  pulled her out of the safe. Tore it apart to check fp protrusion w/ & w/o fp spring, also checked to make sure spring was collapsing properly & wasn't buckling  to cause a bind. Looked good. Checked bolt face with an empty case for flush fit, appears good. Looked as best I can w/o a bore camera in to fp hole & didn't see any obstruction that could impede. All clean and ready to go again, hopefully Wednesday. If it happens again,  I'll have to check headspace/ chamber depth. 

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Looked as best I can w/o a bore camera in to fp hole & didn't see any obstruction that could impede.

I can send you a 5mm borescope camera - if you promise to send that fucker back to me...   :lmao:  I don't use it often, but when I need it, I REALLY NEED IT...   :laffs:

Lemme know, brother.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I can send you a 5mm borescope camera - if you promise to send that fucker back to me...   :lmao:  I don't use it often, but when I need it, I REALLY NEED IT...   :laffs:

I appreciate your help & the offer. I'll get a borescope camera soon, I should have had 1 already anyway. 

On 12/30/2019 at 1:56 AM, 98Z5V said:

I ordered this for now. Ill get a good one down the road...

Screenshot_20191231-173324.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

On 12/31/2019 at 4:37 PM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I ordered this for now. Ill get a good one down the road...

Screenshot_20191231-173324.jpg

I use mine (Teslong 0.20) a lot I also have a Teslong.335 " Edoscope with a 25' cable. use for drain pipes and behind walls. I use it for .50 cal and above (shotguns). It gives a good picture of chambers etc. I don't use a smart phone but use a Windows 10 desktop tower and a Windows 10 HP Envy laptop. Just plug it in a port and click on Camera,  no special software with windows 10,  I use it to check the bore and the internal of the gas ports. bolt face when in battery. It is a very handy tool for $50.

I haven't seen the need for "a good one. . . " so far   like a Hawkeye same camera same picture $200 up to $1500

If you can afford beer, meat, gasoline and ammo, you can afford one.

Edited by mrmackc

3 hours ago, mrmackc said:

I use mine (Teslong 0.20) a lot I also have a Teslong.335 " Edoscope with a 25' cable. use for drain pipes and behind walls. I use it for .50 cal and above (shotguns). It gives a good picture of chambers etc. I don't use a smart phone but use a Windows 10 desktop tower and a Windows 10 HP Envy laptop. Just plug it in a port and click on Camera,  no special software with windows 10,  I use it to check the bore and the internal of the gas ports. bolt face when in battery. It is a very handy tool for $50.

I haven't seen the need for "a good one. . . " so far   like a Hawkeye same camera same picture $200 up to $1500

If you can afford beer, meat, gasoline and ammo, you can afford one.

Sounds like it'll do the job ok then. Was a little concerned of quality @ the price point. Thanks for the reassuring info.

Christmas just keeps on giving.  Received my "We the People" IWB holster for this gun today, with the spare mag holders. Badass setup.  We the People rock... :hail:

G43X is now the new personal-carry, daily. 

P1080451.thumb.JPG.fbefbaa5b915752148cf8a40355aadc0.JPG

P1080452.thumb.JPG.e4776cdfa6d1eea766e6ceba0c43f141.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

do the mags profile or are they iwb also?

Mag holders are IWB also, brother.  :thumbup:  I'm not that fat - I can take it, with the belt that I have...  :laffs:

My personal thing is that a pistol has to run 500 round with ZERO issues before I will carry it.  After that, I'll add night sights to it, shoot it more, then "deem it worthy" for carry-gun status. Nothing with this one, never, zero issues.  First weekend with this Little Hooker was 350 flawless rounds.  I knew right then that is was love at first sight.  Put Ameriglo night sights on it.  Ran it again last weekend, for another 120 round - flawless again.  Waiting for the holster to show up. DONE.

It's the daily carry now.  It hasn't even hiccupped in the least.  Fucking flawless.  

Hit these guys up:  https://wethepeopleholsters.com/

Edited by 98Z5V

I

8 hours ago, DNP said:

Who would have thought 98 could be so excited about glocks. His 1911’s should be rescued and sent to a good home. 

I'll be in Tucson in about a week and a half. I'll run up to Maricopa and pick them up!:thumbup:

I'll show them the love they've been missing!:laffs:

Edited by 392heminut