• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Doggy!!

blue109

Kids have been bugging and im finally working reasonable hours so we have been looking around. Went to a shelter today and I was drawn like a magnet to a pair of pooches. Beautiful 6mo old brindle lab/boxers. I look at the name tags and they were Ender and Mazar. If you are a scifi nerd like me you will recognize those names instantly. Mazar was spoken for so we played with ender a little as well as a few others. Left to eat lunch and decided to drive back and see him again. He went ape schiff soon as he saw us again so we dropped a deposit. He need shots and a snip so hopefully we pick him up next week. my wife may or may not be under the impression that he wont get much bigger than his current 33lbs lol. 

PicsArt_03-07-03.38.45.jpg

3 hours ago, blue109 said:

Kids have been bugging and im finally working reasonable hours so we have been looking around. Went to a shelter today and I was drawn like a magnet to a pair of pooches. Beautiful 6mo old brindle lab/boxers. I look at the name tags and they were Ender and Mazar. If you are a scifi nerd like me you will recognize those names instantly. Mazar was spoken for so we played with ender a little as well as a few others. Left to eat lunch and decided to drive back and see him again. He went ape schiff soon as he saw us again so we dropped a deposit. He need shots and a snip so hopefully we pick him up next week. my wife may or may not be under the impression that he wont get much bigger than his current 33lbs lol. 

PicsArt_03-07-03.38.45.jpg

He looks like my buddy’s pit mix who is an OX!!!

My wifes first choice was a little pit mix. She didnt really look like a pit in the kennel and there was no breed label but when we got her in the play yard I could really tell the pit was strong in her. Best dog I ever had was a pit/boxer and this little girl seemed like a sweetheart but this shelter had tons of pits and alot of them had face cuts so without knowing a history I wasnt comfortable with the idea of adopting one. Ender had a pretty strong reaction to us on our first pass. Even another person standing near us noticed and said "i think your dog found you" so when we went back a few hours later and he went all crazy it sealed the deal.

I will say I hate walking through those rows of cages and seeing the un-cute older dogs that people discarded who have little chance of adoption. They look sad. Hurt my heart. 

Edited by blue109

16 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

One of the biggest downsides to my career on the road, wouldn't be fair to the dog leaving it for weeks at a time, cat doesn't give a schit what I do. 

Same here that’s what I love about them, they don’t give a fuck weather I’m gone 1 hour or 1 week as long as there’s still food 

Little guy came home ahead of schedule. Hes awesome.  Total cuddle bug. i made him a bed and when i went to check on him he was sleeping with the kids. I woke him up when I was getting ready for work last night and he went right into guard dog mode and came tearing down the hallway barking. Its going to be good. 

PicsArt_03-09-06.20.13.jpg

PicsArt_03-10-12.42.45.jpg