• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FFL transfers 86’d?!

Just watch a you2b video stating that TN isn’t allowing guns to be transferred. I’m not trying to start rumors or fan the fire of hysteria, but can anyone else confirm? 

I ordered a new Ruger Mk IV 22/45 before this sh!t went down and I getting a bad feeling that I won’t be enjoying it any time soon. 

Don't know about Tn. I do know there were people standing in line at Academy Sports yesterday to buy guns there was NO ammo in the shelves for those new guns. They did have some Hornady Black Grendel on the shelf so I left with 100 rnds. Just odd calibers and small birdshot was all that was left.

This isn't happening in AZ yet - just called Gun Pusher John and asked about it - he thought that was nuts.  He did $15k today, out of his small shop - new daily record.  He's almost completely out of ammo, after receiving a pallet this morning, we well as a handgun shipment this morning - handguns gone.  I'm going in every night after work, just to help him pack up - because he's whipped at the end of every day.

This shiit is bananas. 

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Just watch a you2b video stating that TN isn’t allowing guns to be transferred. I’m not trying to start rumors or fan the fire of hysteria, but can anyone else confirm? 

I ordered a new Ruger Mk IV 22/45 before this sh!t went down and I getting a bad feeling that I won’t be enjoying it any time soon. 

I bought a new Ruger Vaquero and my ten days are up this Sunday. We just issued a statewide stay home order. I’m going to work tomorrow anyways, but I’ll bet the gun store isn’t open when it’s time to pick up the new pistol. Bummer too because I already picked up 1000 wax bullets to play with. 

Got an email from the gun store in the middle of the night. Believe it or not, this commie state has it in place that anyone who has a background check already in process will be allowed to pick up their firearm under the “essential needs” list. Mind blown. 

looks like I get my gun on Sunday!

Was at Pistol Parlor yesterday and they still had a lot of guns left but just a few in 9mm. Background checks are running two to three days.

Ammo well that is another story, no 9mm , 45acp, 223rem, 308win.  Limited 556 to 2 boxes per. 40s&w range ammo 100 rounds. They have odd ball caliber of ammo.. Also limiting 7.62 x39 because some guy wanted to buy the whole pallet.

I picked up 2 boxes of 115gr Hornady xtp,  1 box of 75gr Hornady bthp and a 250rd of 180gr Berry's 10/40 range projectiles.  Plenty of reloading supplies in stock.

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

This isn't happening in AZ yet - just called Gun Pusher John and asked about it - he thought that was nuts.  He did $15k today, out of his small shop - new daily record.  He's almost completely out of ammo, after receiving a pallet this morning, we well as a handgun shipment this morning - handguns gone.  I'm going in every night after work, just to help him pack up - because he's whipped at the end of every day.

This shiit is bananas. 

You know what rap is right? the last 3 letters of CRAP.........so said Gregg Allman..... lol

That ammo buying frenzy has spilled over north of the border. Between the US buying frenzy and the Beaver Buck dropping against the US$ any future ammo if available is going up in price.A lot of gun shops here are only doing online( doors closed to walk in) and some are posting 10-12 days before order is shipped due to volume of orders.

Well, NICS went down about 3:30pm AZ time today.  John managed to call in for a transfer, and spoke to a human, and got the transfer through the old way.  He tried another one 15 minutes later, the phone rang, and immediately disconnected.  NICS is down.

Don't know if that means it was shut down, or it went down.  If it was shut down, the only people in AZ that'll be able to do transfers are Concealed Carry Licensees (no background check required here if you present the Concealed Carry).   Shiity way for the .gov to shut down gun sales, if that's what happened.  Hell, maybe the system just crashed from overload - people are going nuts buying guns and ammo right now.  That means they weren't prepared for any of this, and either didn't have guns, or didn't have enough guns...  There's no such thing as "I have enough ammo," so I get that part of it.  I just hope the ammo hoarding doesn't start again.  That took forever to get over, last time.

So anyway - NICS went down today.

Edited by 98Z5V

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

nics is done in my erea as of Wednesday.. the lgs was on hold for 2.5 hours and then it just hung up.. that has been the case ever since.

That's what happened today, here in AZ, brother.  First call went through - second call dropped.  Gun Pusher John closed the shop at 5pm (never does that) after that happened.

Gun Craze, might have crashed the system, and all the NICS people said "FUK THIS" and went home when they had to start answering telephone calls.  Who knows.  The only solid thing is - the online system went down. 

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

That's what happened today, here in AZ, brother.  First call went through - second call dropped.  Gun Pusher John closed the shop at 5pm (never does that) after that happened.

Gun Craze, might have crashed the system, and all the NICS eople said "FUK THIS" and went home when they had to start answering telephone calls.  Who knows.  The only solid thing is - the online system went down. 

his thought as well it was late and they said f it! I have a @Robocop1051 mini banger inbound but I probably wont see it for a few.. bond arms. was  hoping to see it today but the shipping source is also shut down for my lgs?? I was luck to grab a few boxes of 45 colt and .410! I bet that will be around for short demand as its not to common here.  

NICS was back up today, and crushed my local shop, and John. It just crashed yesterday - went down.  John is out of ammo, and damn near out of guns.  All the customers are unknowns - never seen 'em before, ever.  I went in today after work, to help with his end of day, and it was chaos. Started by working the door, asking prelim questions about what they needed, just to tell them that "it's out of stock right now." Ended up behind the counter, looking through barrels for rifle builds, and telling them if we had it or didn't.

This shiit is nuts, and there's no reason for it to be like this. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

This shiit is nuts, and there's no reason for it to be like this.

None at all.

But I believe fear is the reason for the season. Once fear gets you, the primal instincts take over and logic sits in the backseat. I'll admit it, I'm a little nervous myself, prepared, but still nervous. The Fakebook, tweety birds, and media ain't helping the situation. But, they are providing some decent memes. Guess there's always a bright side. 

5a9c269f-f7a4-4131-a223-99068ec32853.jpg

15847460188288668073029296006954_125346061494057.jpg

e333f829-065a-4d2c-b593-a8b71cab4332.jpg

bc9e262f-9704-435a-a59e-be783c7590df.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper
Missed a whitty quip.

6 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

None at all.

But I believe fear is the reason for the season. Once fear gets you, the primal instincts take over and logic sits in the backseat. I'll admit it, I'm a little nervous myself, prepared, but still nervous. The Fakebook, tweety birds, and media ain't helping the situation. But, they are providing some decent memes. Guess there's always a bright side. 

5a9c269f-f7a4-4131-a223-99068ec32853.jpg

15847460188288668073029296006954_125346061494057.jpg

e333f829-065a-4d2c-b593-a8b71cab4332.jpg

bc9e262f-9704-435a-a59e-be783c7590df.jpg

Boot thanks for the laughs Brother! Needed those.