• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brand new to the AR world.

J-AR-ed-10

Hello everyone, 

First AR style firearm I am taking baby steps to get acclimated , I have been doing a lot of reading and cross referencing information so I can start learning more about building and upgrading my own AR-308 i have been eyeballing some complete uppers and complete lowers and I think I have found a match for my first assembly of an AR-308 I certainly don't consider this a build but it is a start to get me acquainted. And for the cost I think I will have a decent entry level rifle. I look forward too getting to know you guys and to learn some valuable information as well, a little about myself...  I have 13 years as a cnc/manual machinist, prototyping, long hand programming,set ups, making fixtures and jigs, trouble shooting, mills, lathes with and without live tooling 2, 3 and 4 axis machines. That being said if you are into making your own custom parts and need to pick my brain feel free. 

57 minutes ago, J-AR-ed-10 said:

Hello everyone, 

First AR style firearm I am taking baby steps to get acclimated , I have been doing a lot of reading and cross referencing information so I can start learning more about building and upgrading my own AR-308 i have been eyeballing some complete uppers and complete lowers and I think I have found a match for my first assembly of an AR-308 I certainly don't consider this a build but it is a start to get me acquainted. And for the cost I think I will have a decent entry level rifle. I look forward too getting to know you guys and to learn some valuable information as well, a little about myself...  I have 13 years as a cnc/manual machinist, prototyping, long hand programming,set ups, making fixtures and jigs, trouble shooting, mills, lathes with and without live tooling 2, 3 and 4 axis machines. That being said if you are into making your own custom parts and need to pick my brain feel free. 

Welcome to the forum! Will be nice to have you around, I'm a Machinist Tool & Die Maker so it sounds like we'll have plenty to jaw about.

7 hours ago, J-AR-ed-10 said:

Hello everyone, 

For what I highlighted in BLACK above...  I hope it wasn't a PSA.  If it was, you're gonna need the skills I highlighted in RED above.

Welcome aboard.