• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

When I left country in August '02, there were less than 100 of them remaining.

and they were hiding in a hole wishing they could come out and clean the schit from their drawers! ...... who was in charge when we decided to back off there and give them fresh drawers? I don't remember the details but I remember being angry, they said it wasn't going to be another vietnam.

22 hours ago, Sisco said:

The Ukraine needs to learn to live with Russia and the Philippines and Vietnam need to learn to live with China. And Russia, China and the US need to work out an agreement that keeps things relatively stable.

That is the thinking that got us where we are, over a century of perpetual war. I think WE are the ones that have some learning to do, vietnam has been dealing with china since before the written word, with the size disparity I would go out on a limb and say vietnam may just have an idea how to deal with china, they do still exist. Now if we had people in the State Department that would study that history and talk with the Vietnamese instead of work on funneling billions into Ukraine to stir schit up maybe, just maybe, some of these issues would not become so pressing. It's almost like our government wants to be at war................... but WE are the government, that's what we tell the people of the world, many of whom are being bombed by drones, having their governments overthrown,  seen their economies wrecked by economic sanctions, and all other manner of manipulations performed on their lives by WE the American people, that's how they see it, WE are evil. WE have allowed the establishment to create a world of people that will feel justified killing us. You can see the propaganda machine spinning up for a war with china and/or russia, putting that justification in everyone's minds. As always the elite and the banksters will sit back and watch the slaughter as their wealth and power increases. Will they convince us to salute and send our children to their deaths?

bernays-quote2.jpg.d5e81ae128e2b2fba0ca0bf1b83d19eb.jpg

:soap: my apologies, I got froggy and clicked before realizing I wasn't in the political section..... I'm good with whatever, move it, delete it, ignore it, issue some warning points.......

Edited by jtallen83
Warning points request.......

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Please tell me about the Philippines and China.  I'm interested.  I spent 8 months of my life in the PI, in 2002, finding, fixing, and eliminating the Abu Sayyaf Group. On  12 Jan 2002, when we deployed, there were 1,000 of them (ASG).  When I left country in August '02, there were less than 100 of them remaining. Search the history on JTF-510 and JSOTF-P.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/dod/jtf-510.htm

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/dod/jsotf-p.htm

I'm interested in your China connection, and why you stated that. 

EDIT - Or, I'm just wondering if you're talking out of your ass, not knowing what you're stating, Al. 

Right now China is pushing into the South China Sea claiming most of it as territorial waters. The Philippines and Vietnam  are most impacted. And as of last year, China has the world’s largest navy, and can cover most the South China Sea with their new generation of anti ship missles. Not a good scenario for the US Navy and one causing heartburn at the Pentagon. It has nothing to do with Guerrilla movements the Old PRC sponsored. This is pure military expansion. Is it worth the US getting into a major war over? Biden is making a lot of noise supporting Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Philippines. The question is; Is it our fight or not? Especially one we could suffer major naval losses in? It is compounded by the fact that currently China has three times the ship building capacity the US does, and has been churning out warships at a prodigious rate. They could replace their losses a lot faster then we could. As compared to WW2 with Japan, this time the shoe is on the other foot.We are now playing catchup to the Chinese in anti ship missle technology as well. Our concern with the mideast caused us to take our eye off the ball. Unless China backs down we may have to decide if it is  worth a war or not.

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

and they were hiding in a hole wishing they could come out and clean the schit from their drawers! ...... who was in charge when we decided to back off there and give them fresh drawers? I don't remember the details but I remember being angry, they said it wasn't going to be another vietnam.

That is the thinking that got us where we are, over a century of perpetual war. I think WE are the ones that have some learning to do, vietnam has been dealing with china since before the written word, with the size disparity I would go out on a limb and say vietnam may just have an idea how to deal with china, they do still exist. Now if we had people in the State Department that would study that history and talk with the Vietnamese instead of work on funneling billions into Ukraine to stir schit up maybe, just maybe, some of these issues would not become so pressing. It's almost like our government wants to be at war................... but WE are the government, that's what we tell the people of the world, many of whom are being bombed by drones, having their governments overthrown,  seen their economies wrecked by economic sanctions, and all other manner of manipulations performed on their lives by WE the American people, that's how they see it, WE are evil. WE have allowed the establishment to create a world of people that will feel justified killing us. You can see the propaganda machine spinning up for a war with china and/or russia, putting that justification in everyone's minds. As always the elite and the banksters will sit back and watch the slaughter as their wealth and power increases. Will they convince us to salute and send our children to their deaths?

bernays-quote2.jpg.d5e81ae128e2b2fba0ca0bf1b83d19eb.jpg

:soap: my apologies, I got froggy and clicked before realizing I wasn't in the political section..... I'm good with whatever, move it, delete it, ignore it, issue some warning points.......

Don’t find much I disagree with.

10 hours ago, Sisco said:

Right now China is pushing into the South China Sea claiming most of it as territorial waters. The Philippines and Vietnam  are most impacted. And as of last year, China has the world’s largest navy, and can cover most the South China Sea with their new generation of anti ship missles. Not a good scenario for the US Navy and one causing heartburn at the Pentagon. It has nothing to do with Guerrilla movements the Old PRC sponsored. This is pure military expansion. Is it worth the US getting into a major war over? Biden is making a lot of noise supporting Vietnam, Taiwan, and the Philippines. The question is; Is it our fight or not? Especially one we could suffer major naval losses in? It is compounded by the fact that currently China has three times the ship building capacity the US does, and has been churning out warships at a prodigious rate. They could replace their losses a lot faster then we could. As compared to WW2 with Japan, this time the shoe is on the other foot.We are now playing catchup to the Chinese in anti ship missle technology as well. Our concern with the mideast caused us to take our eye off the ball. Unless China backs down we may have to decide if it is  worth a war or not.

They're after the Marshall Islands, not the PI and VietNam.  No way would/could they take over two sovereign nations that are not "under their control."  They think they own Hong Kong and Taiwan, but they don't - and that's been a major world contention, just with those two. 

If Biden is your source - then you definitely need a new source.  He doesn't even know what day of the week it is.  See his performance at the G7, where he blanked out mid-sentence,for a full 6 seconds?...    Shiit, he doesn't know the difference between Syria and Libya, and he just demonstrated that on the world stage...

12 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

OEF-P (Operation Enduring Freedom-Philippines) - sounds familiar, OEF was Afghanistan.  OEF-P ran parallel for 13 years, ended in 2015.  They finally inactivated JSOTF-P in Feb 2015. 

It was strange...  All SOF-run, from the get-go. Not long after I left, they brought in some conventional people to take our place - and we had to leave our gear behind, written off the property books.  Bet those fuckers had a FUN TIME trying to figure out how to run all that shiit...   :laffs:   They longer it went, the more it got watered down, and the only thing that was "Joint Special Operations Task Force" was the headquarters, for the most part, and the actual teams on the ground.  All the in-between people never worked in SOF, weren't from SOF, and didn't have a clue about the mission.  We were a wrecking crew for that 8 months, plus several more after I got out of there.

Professional Plumbers...   layin' pipe all over the countryside...   :thumbup:

If you get a chance, read this book:

In the Presence of My Enemies - Kindle edition by Burnham, Gracia, Merrill,  Dean. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Here's the background, on the main page of her website, that got us IN to the PI...

https://graciaburnham.org/gracia/

7 Jun 02 she was rescued, and it sucked, and it was bungled.  21 Jun 02, Abu Sabaya was dead.

Research Alvin Siglos.

Edited by 98Z5V

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

They're after the Marshall Islands, not the PI and VietNam.  No way would/could they take over two sovereign nations that are not "under their control."  They think they own Hong Kong and Taiwan, but they don't - and that's been a major world contention, just with those two. 

If Biden is your source - then you definitely need a new source.  He doesn't even know what day of the week it is.  See his performance at the G7, where he blanked out mid-sentence,for a full 6 seconds?...    Shiit, he doesn't know the difference between Syria and Libya, and he just demonstrated that on the world stage...

I never said they were planning to take over those two nations. They do however want to control access into and out of the South China Sea. Which actually has broader worldwide implications then simple conquest. And no one is in a good position to prevent this. Including the US.

13 minutes ago, Sisco said:

And no one is in a good position to prevent this. Including the US.

First, why the hell would we care if they are not harming our ships, stopping our trade. Second, china would be lucky if it has what it takes to even do it. The ccp can put up one hell of a paper tiger show, it will no doubt burn hot when it starts but very soon after the façade of the ccp takes hits the old war lord system of china will rise up. You don't see it now because the ccp has a pretty good censorship program going but those old warlord ties are all still there and those boys ain't stupid, like all gangsters they know how to survive. The ccp relies on tyranny, violent oppression, bribery, and massive doses of propaganda to stay in power, when all out efforts are needed for Taiwan, Vietnam, or even a crackdown on Hong Kong are they gonna have what it takes to control it all? Do you really think the oppressed will not jump at an opportunity to rise up? The ccp knows how tenuous ruling china is and that is what keeps them up at night. If you want to get deeper in that sort of analysis your going to have to study history or search out Asian sources beyond the US and nato msm whores, all they are going to give you is propaganda that best scares the crap out of you so you'll go along with another bloodletting, banksters gotta get paid.

Smedley.jpg.b5fc6e3cd11ab17358c338813d6149b2.jpg

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

I never said they were planning to take over those two nations.

Well, you certainly "eluded" to that, with this (earlier than my post) statement below... 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, Sisco said:

Right now China is pushing into the South China Sea claiming most of it as territorial waters. The Philippines and Vietnam  are most impacted.

The PI and VietNam are safe from China.  China can't fuk with them, not in the least.  There's a definitive reason behind that, too.  You know what that reason is?

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Well, you certainly "eluded" to that, with this (earlier than my post) statement below... 

The PI and VietNam are safe from China.  China can't fuk with them, not in the least.  There's a definitive reason behind that, too.  You know what that reason is?

I alluded to no such schit. They won't fuk with the land masses they won't have to. If they control the water access to those countries they make them landlocked colonies dependent on China's good will to keep their own economies afloat. Basic Realpolitik. Why invade when you don't have to.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:20 PM, jtallen83 said:

First, why the hell would we care if they are not harming our ships, stopping our trade. Second, china would be lucky if it has what it takes to even do it. The ccp can put up one hell of a paper tiger show, it will no doubt burn hot when it starts but very soon after the façade of the ccp takes hits the old war lord system of china will rise up. You don't see it now because the ccp has a pretty good censorship program going but those old warlord ties are all still there and those boys ain't stupid, like all gangsters they know how to survive. The ccp relies on tyranny, violent oppression, bribery, and massive doses of propaganda to stay in power, when all out efforts are needed for Taiwan, Vietnam, or even a crackdown on Hong Kong are they gonna have what it takes to control it all? Do you really think the oppressed will not jump at an opportunity to rise up? The ccp knows how tenuous ruling china is and that is what keeps them up at night. If you want to get deeper in that sort of analysis your going to have to study history or search out Asian sources beyond the US and nato msm whores, all they are going to give you is propaganda that best scares the crap out of you so you'll go along with another bloodletting, banksters gotta get paid.

Smedley.jpg.b5fc6e3cd11ab17358c338813d6149b2.jpg

I agree with some of your points. If it means an all out war, I would be reluctant to see us involved, unless they attack our forces. As far as the CCP being a paper tiger. They have jumped ahead of the US in some key areas. AI for one, manueverable anti ship missles for another, They also have the advantage of a short supply line as well as the ability to quickly replace ship losses. Pentagon planners project even a victory would result in WW2 type losses in ships and planes to the US Navy and allies. It would be bloody no mstter who won.

34 minutes ago, Sisco said:

They have jumped ahead of the US in some key areas. AI for one, manueverable anti ship missles for another, They also have the advantage of a short supply line as well as the ability to quickly replace ship losses. Pentagon planners project even a victory would result in WW2 type losses in ships and planes to the US Navy and allies. (i.e. We are going to need you to give us a bunch of money now.)

Brought to you by the same establishment that that made similar claims about soviet equipment and the results of going against it. They burned the public credibility of science recently so the scare them with global warming just ain't gonna line there pockets right now, best they fall back to the good old scare them with the boogey man game, been awhile since they've been caught lying about that stuff, most younger Americans think weapons of mass destruction is just the punchline to an old joke, oh wait it is......... they just gotta keep the money rolling, banksters gotta get paid. 

@Sisco - please read this before you get all hopped on "fake Chinese copies."

They haven't invented anything - but they've stolen alot - and it just never seems to work right...  Check this out.  I know it's not The Lancet, or The New England Journal Of Medicine...  But give it a shot, and read it.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/27131/After_Copying_F_35_s_Stealth__China_s_J_20_Duplicating_its_Non_Stealth_Features#.YMrXjH5lDcc

https://www.businessinsider.com/9-photos-of-j-31-chinas-copycat-version-of-the-f-35-stealth-fighter-2018-10#the-j-31-is-a-twin-engine-aircraft-and-the-f-35-is-a-single-engine-aircraft-5

China also has TWO aircraft carriers - ONLY 2.  You talk about their ship-building, and superiority - but that is a non-issue.  TWO aircraft carriers, and both suck, compared to what out Fleet of aircraft carriers can do...

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

China also has TWO aircraft carriers - ONLY 2.

Watched an interview with Putin yesterday where he was asked about this specifically. They framed the question to make china sound as ominous as they could, asked if he was alarmed at china's plan to have four carriers, he seemed rather amused by the notion and also called them out on there war mongering. He explained how it works, one on patrol, one in maintenance,  one in training/preparing for deployment, and one being refit, he saw no reason to be alarmed and russia has one carrier that is not serviceable. Long time away before even the two of them together could even think of challenging us on the sea.

@SiscoThe interview is a good listen if you care what the "other side" is thinking, he lays out why we are the aggressors and makes a very clear and convincing argument to back it up. I'm sure it's full of bullschit just like any politician but sometimes you can get an idea of what someones health is like by looking closely at their schit. 

Here is the communist edit;

JIm @jtallen83 - here's a very accurate rundown on everything in our involvement in the PI, starting 2002.  I'm a plankholder in all that, and started it all up, everything intel, how to do it, how to mix disciplines, how to attack it, how to implement it...  And it worked. We pioneered that, and now it's more widespread throughout SOF, based on what we did there.

There's more to that story right there ^^^, but I can tell you it's going on today, right now.

There's one or two MAJOR issues I have with this article, and I'll spill the other one later.  The first, biggest beef I have is their numbers- they state 1300 people.  BS.  Total BS.  We were Force-Capped by the Phil Govt at 660 members, and they were serious about trying to bring in #661... That's a HARD number, and we could never exceed it, the whole time. Period.  Full Stop.

At any rate, here's the article, and it's pretty damn good, minus 2 big errors...  It's a long read, but worth every minute of the time.

https://cco.ndu.edu/PRISM-6-3/Article/1020239/the-sof-experience-in-the-philippines-and-the-implications-for-future-defense-s/