• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty crazy, looking at that Doc.  Reminds me of Stilwell Hall at Fort Ord, CA.  Amazing formal dining area and club, and erosion in the Monterey Bay took it out.  It was demolished in 2004.  I partied in that place in 1986~1991.  Gone now. 

Stillwell Hall, a soldier's club on the Fort Ord military base, was threatened by rapid erosion of the bluffs for years before being removed in 2004: A) Stillwell Hall in 2002 with riprap revetment along base of bluff. The arrow points to a corner of the parking lot for reference; and B) the former site of the hall in 2005. The arrow points to the same location as in A. The amount of retreat measured over 70 years in this area was just over 116 m. (Photos copyright (c) 2002-2007 Kenneth & Gabrielle Adelman, California Coastal Records Project, www.californiacoastline.org).

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Stillwell-Hall-a-soldiers-club-on-the-Fort-Ord-military-base-was-threatened-by-rapid_fig16_274483476

Back in the day, driving up to park there...

24 Best Fort Ord, CA ideas | ord, fort, army base

Boy I fucked up today.  Played my favorite game...   "Stupid Mechanic Tricks."  I won, hands down, today.

We only work 9~1 on Saturdays, and the Boss comes running back at 11am, when a customer walked in...  He says, "Guys, I fucked UP!  I completely FORGOT that this guy was coming today, to get this rig!...   No problem, what do we need to add to it?  Street-legal kit, which is horn, mirror, lighted license plate bracket, changes the tires/wheels to some custom stuff, and add a toolbox to the bed.

Pssshhhh....  No issues, we'll get it done.

I pop the horn and mirror in, while another (very large) guy is mounting/wiring the license plate bracket, so I move to changing the rear tires/wheels.  Jack that thing up, zip the stockers off, mount the news ones up - and this guy is on the left rear corner, working that lic. bracket.  I reach around him, to the jack handle, and twist/pop the jack loose.  FUK! 

The jack handle was straight up, and I couldn't see around the guy, and the bad slammed down on top of the jack handle - where my hand was.  WOOHOO!!!   Caught me.

HUGE avulsion, right between the thumb and index finger, missed the muscle,luckily.  Just smashed/sliced/cut/ripped skin. 

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.ab4a527b2c507cc1441a9d40cba22a62.JPG

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.6f49dd6633b6b7efdbb66257cbdc8e8a.JPG

Lucky it wasn't a finger or toe, would'a puked first, before administering self-aid.  Shoved my left thumb in that fucker to keep it down, and prevent bleeding, grabbed a shop towel for more direct pressure, and reached for the Gorilla Glue superglue.  Glued that flap back down, after the bleeding was mostly subsided, and dealt with the rest of the day.

Shiitty part is - shooting the Mk12 in the morning, shooting the mag tweaks for the 6 ARC mags, and taking a new hairdresser out to shoot some pistol.  That's gonna suck real bad, with this right at my trigger finger, and my grip-hand...   Just gotta deal with it - and keep the superglue handy.

Edited by 98Z5V

Didn't even notice it before I looked at these pics - it caught the skin on my thumb a little, too, barely... FML. Didn't even know that, but oh well... 

Edited by 98Z5V

Oh, it sucked.  I did see the cut line right away, and jammed the left thumb down there hard.  I knew I had to crush it with direct pressure long enough to get the bleeding to stop, then hit it with the superglue. 

Put a thumb in it T-shirt - Bunker Branding Co.

13 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

You sure that ain't where the hot blonde midget bit you?

If the blonde widget would'a done this, I'd have better pics...   :laffs:

Boss at work says, "You sure you don't want to go to the doctor? "    Why, Boss?  so they can scrape off my white superglue, and put on more purple superglue?  No thanks...

That fucking jack handle just about took a core sample out of my hand...   THAT would have sucked...

Edited by 98Z5V

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

Owww. 

Yeah, it was pretty dramatic for about 7 minutes, until I could get it to not bleed long enough to lay a good bead of the superglue.  The first full minute was me jumping around doing the Owie Dance and cussing REALLY LOUD!   :lmao:   After the superglue went on, it was pretty much a non-event.   The whole thing transpired RIDICULOUSLY FAST, like all good accidents do...  :laffs:

I need to get this t-shirt pretty soon.

Amazon.ae: last word