• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

10 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

tumblr_oeisglFFHq1vcpqruo8_1280.png

Albrecht Moser has raced Waffenlauf since the 70s. 

The traditional Waffenlauf is a 43K( 26 miles) long race. With a ruck that weighs no less than 13.6-pounds and includes either a standard Swiss Army Stgw 90 (SIG 550), Stgw 57 (SIG SG 510) or old school WWII-era K.31 bolt action rifle.

As of 2019, 10 Waffenläufe are taking place, with distances of 10 to 42 km (6 to 26 mi).

Any held in North America? Seems like an excellent idea. Leave it to the Swiss.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I've done this 3 times, brother.  Military-Heavy one year and Civilian two years.  The full course, too, ALL years.  26.2 miles.  I think everyone should experience this, once in their lifetime.  The sand wash starting at 22 miles will FUK YOU UP, RIGHT TO THE END, the first time you do it.  After that first year, you KNOW that shiit is coming for you, at 22...   :lmao::banana:

EDIT - I was itchin' for a fight last year - and it was CANCELLED for COVID.  This year, I didn't even check.  Figured there was no way, on the ass-end-of-the-dog of this COVID shiit.  Didn't even look.

Next year - if JoeBama says we're all okay to be Americans again - I'll get into this with yous guys...  Let's do it.  There's the full 26.2 mile course, and there's a 14-mile course.   Doesn't matter which one you do - it just matters that you DO ONE.  The short course just eliminates that LONGASS trip uphill, around that fucking mountain... :thefinger::laffs:

I've been trying to get you guys to do this for years here, with me...   White Sands Missile Range is no joke, for this one.  But, it's a journey that you will never forget, and if you're "embracing that suckfest" with your brothers, then it's even better. 

Man up, brothers.  Let's do this.  Stop being a bunch of pussies about it.  Years, I've talked this shiit.  I WILL BACK IT UP.  Done it for myself, numerous times. I know me - I can take it.  Done took it.   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

11 hours ago, shrade said:

That appears to be the same rifle in both pics 28 years apart, some one said "beware of a man who owns just one gun, he's apt to know how to use it." I am just guessing,   he may be pretty damn good with that rifle.

Looks like a K31 which was likely the rifle first issued to him on initial conscription. When their period of service has ended, militia men have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. 

18 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Looks like a K31 which was likely the rifle first issued to him on initial conscription. When their period of service has ended, militia men have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. 

Always thought the Swiss did it right.

3 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Funny the anti never want to discuss Switzerland as an example, could it be that is there is no correlation between availability of firearms and gun crime.  

united-states-third-murder-rate.jpg

Sad about Mr. McKee, he made his mark though. As far as gun laws, I think you are going to see a lot more public push back on them. For one, parts of the black community are becoming much stronger advocates of the 2nd Amendment then they have been, and a lot more “liberals” are first time gun owners this last year and a half.  It won’t stop the push for laws but I think it will soften the Feinstein induced ban hysteria. 

Edited by Sisco

15 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Farewell my friend. Stay tough. Stay true. You've done you're duty. We are less without you.

Indeed, we are less without him.  I've spoken to him many times, in phonecalls, asking questions about parts and operations of the platform.  I've received an education, a few minutes at a time, throughout the years.  In the .308AR platform, he is a pioneer, and figured out how to make National Match rifles that won in National Match competitions - year after year. In reference to Service Match rifle construction, performance, and accuracy, he is at the very top of the list of people to listen to, when he speaks.

His passing is very sad news, for this community.  God Speed, Mr. McKee.  :hail: