• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tarantula Hawk, last match I went to - fuqr landed on one of the shooting platforms, just before we were about to go hot.  Everybody freaked about it.  "WTF IS THAT THING?!!?"  @JBMatt casually says, "That's a Tarantula Hawk.  Giant wasp.  They swoop down and kill tarantulas..."   :popcorn:

The thing wasn't about to leave it's perch, so someone stepped in there and slapped the fuk out of it.  Had to Continue Mission, no time to waste.

Adult tarantula hawks eat nectar. They need the tarantulas to feed their young.

“They will sting a tarantula and that paralyzes the tarantula, and then they will drag that tarantula back to this burrow that they created in the ground and they lay a single egg on that tarantula,” Brown said. “When the larva hatches out of the egg, it actually eats a hole in the abdomen of the spider that is still alive at this point, and it will crawl into that hole and it will start eating the spider from the inside out.”

But that’s not all.

“They actually will avoid the vital organs so they can keep that spider alive as long as they possibly can, so they can last until they pupate and then emerge out as adults,”

Coyotes can't fly - that's their downfall...   :laffs:

Never works out well for the coyote, just because of that...   :lmao:

image.thumb.jpeg.b09914b11613b47972869d28aaa5d102.jpeg

See those headfeathers up?  That fucker is ready to fight...  

Edited by 98Z5V

On 8/4/2023 at 11:13 PM, 98Z5V said:

Coyotes can't fly - that's their downfall...   :laffs:

Never works out well for the coyote, just because of that...   :lmao:

image.thumb.jpeg.b09914b11613b47972869d28aaa5d102.jpeg

See those headfeathers up?  That fucker is ready to fight...  

I was gonna say Yep the running speed is slower for a roadrunner , but they are really mean , almost as mean as a Chihuahua,  and they can fly!

I just need to take him to Wild Horse West, the bar / burger joint we go to after every match.  Every time we sit outside, we see the same roadrunner out there, hunting in the back 40.  He's local, famous, and a savage. 

@Cunuckgaucho, here's the Fall Shoot dates, in red...   in Yellow is the next Accurized AR Match.  We can knock out two birds with one stone (pun intentional)...  :laffs:

Make an extended vacation, hit the shoot, stick around for the next weekend and shoot the match - and we'll take you to Wild Horse West, and you can see that hunting fucking bastard out back.  Shiit, we just did THREE things.  Fall Shoot, shoot a match, see a roadrunner...  :lmao:

Ericsroadrunner.thumb.jpg.23c103252ee9ff5873a3cacbda0397e5.jpg

I'll have to see how things look at end of October and see if I can add another week off to the current vacation.

Currently taking a break from tunneling( work is good but management...) so doing temp power distribution at a site 10 min from my house. Got an application in with the District 'cause they're looking for someone to look after water distribution infustructure.