• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1 Mile Showdown

98Z5V

I just talked to @JBMatt - he does have the EGW 30MOA rail coming, and I think he just picked up that badass Athlon Cronos scope...  Oh shiit, on me...   :laffs:

Went to work on some Win Mag brass.  Figured I'd see how many projectiles I have on hand...   Uh oh...   49 projectiles.   Checked on my primers...  Damn...  26 of those.   2 mags loaded in the ammo box, and about 20 rounds in a bag in there...    Looks like I'll be talking about 60 rounds for this one, unless I can find a box of primers and projectiles this week.   :lmao:

I told Matt that it's not me vs him - it's me vs steel, alot of land in between, and his mad shiit-talking over my shoulder whilst I'm engaging this target...  :banana:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Can you send me your credentials as an "Independent Unbiased Observer, Qualified to Verify Anything?..."   I'd like to see that certification that you have.   :thumbup::lmao:

Come out here and see it with your own eyes - and binos, Mack.  :thumbup:  I guarantee we're making this a regular thing out here now.  Once we get good at it - really good at it - and have our dope and guns dialed for this particular setup, then we'll start heading out there intentionally on windy days, to learn even more.  

I do hope to go there but it is not possible this year

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

This sounds like a job for the MRAD next fall shoot.

I'm already pumped for it.

Boy, I sure hope you have a valid ID by then. You could always mail it out so Kate will have something to shoot....we know she’ll be there. 

Oh, this just keeps getting better...   :laffs:  

I think I directly stated that it was all about shiit-talking, and now we're rounding up more people in the shiit-talking - and it's GREAT!!!   :lmao:

I'll go load up my 49 rounds now - wait...   that's how many projectiles I had.  Oh, I'll load up my 26 rounds now, because that's all the primers I had.  I struck out today finding either primers or projectiles.  BUT!!!   :banana:   I have 13lbs of RL-22 powder!!!  

Didn't see this reloading trainwreck coming, because I wasn't paying attention, when I should have been paying attention...   :bitchslap:

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, DNP said:

Boy, I sure hope you have a valid ID by then. You could always mail it out so Kate will have something to shoot....we know she’ll be there. 

10 hours ago, shepp said:

OH poop 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Indeed, that was pretty Epic...   :lmao:

9 hours ago, JBMatt said:

I'm a huge fan of that MRAD!  We have a good history...  Lol

He DEFINITELY needs to clean the chamber on that thing, before bringing it out again.  DEFINITELY...   :laffs:

Fucker HATES cleaning guns, too...   :lmao:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, this just keeps getting better...   :laffs:  

I think I directly stated that it was all about shiit-talking, and now we're rounding up more people in the shiit-talking - and it's GREAT!!!   :lmao:

I'll go load up my 49 rounds now - wait...   that's how many projectiles I had.  Oh, I'll load up my 26 rounds now, because that's all the primers I had.  I struck out today finding either primers or projectiles.  BUT!!!   :banana:   I have 13lbs of RL-22 powder!!!  

Didn't see this reloading trainwreck coming, because I wasn't paying attention, when I should have been paying attention...   :bitchslap:

pm me for some primers i would guess 215's?

21 hours ago, DNP said:

Yep. ID got replaced. What a train wreck of an experience that was. Typical mind bending, watching paint dry, feeling your hair grow, watching grass grow......well....you get the point I'm making. Fuker. :thefinger:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

He DEFINITELY needs to clean the chamber on that thing, before bringing it out again.  DEFINITELY...   :laffs:

Fucker HATES cleaning guns, too...   :lmao:

Amen to that. I love building them and shooting them. Absolutely HATE cleaning the damn things.

5 hours ago, blue109 said:

Or a nice rubber mallet

That'll go in the toolbox. :lmao:

This goes down tomorrow.  Took the day off work, so we can get out there and make this proper.  What turned into a shoot for a guy that fixed his .308AR recoil system problems, during the Fall Shoot - and was prevented from shooting the 450 at night, THEN... 

Has morphed into this...   :laffs:  "Let's throw down a shoot, right after dark, so he can pull this off - because his gun works now... - dark is 6pm, so we won't be out there long...  "    PLUS, who knew the off-set Long Distance Range 850 target was exactly 1.00-something miles from CAMP?!   :lmao:  Well, we learned it that day, and I didn't bring a 1-mile gun to the Shoot - because we weren't gonna shoot 1-mile during the shoot...  It all goes down tomorrow.  We decided we're staying the night, too - light.  Just tents, no heavy equipment. 

Fire ban here in AZ was lifted just a couple days after the Fall Shoot - so we'll have a RAGIN' campfire out there for this one... in memory of the Fall Shoot Campfires that couldn't happen...  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

I have a qual range today way the hell out at the 3points range west of tucson. Our trainer flew in from texas yesterday. I was trying to convince him to drive a little further and move our qual up to the SDTF  to see the shenanigans😄

Almost had him thinking about it but the old guys didnt want to drive that far. 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

Seems to me this would go well on 308AR challenge coins  

Curre tuum Pessulum non os tuum if we want it in Latin

Hell yeah! Or to keep it cheaper, morale patches! You just got my brain turning. A 308AR SDTF patch with add on rockers for 800, 1000, 1200, 1mile, night shoot, high angle. damn...im going to look into this lol. 

On 11/15/2020 at 5:27 AM, Rsquared said:

Yep. ID got replaced. What a train wreck of an experience that was. Typical mind bending, watching paint dry, feeling your hair grow, watching grass grow......well....you get the point I'm making. Fuker. :thefinger:

Amen to that. I love building them and shooting them. Absolutely HATE cleaning the damn things.

That'll go in the toolbox. :lmao:

well a good Long range gun should not need cleaning but every 100 to 200 rounds shoot till the accuracy drops off then clean it !

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Hell yeah! Or to keep it cheaper, morale patches! You just got my brain turning. A 308AR SDTF patch with add on rockers for 800, 1000, 1200, 1mile, night shoot, high angle. damn...im going to look into this lol. 

That's even a better idea, also could do a rockers for actual shoot... spring 2021, fall2021 etc