• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

1 Mile Showdown

98Z5V

I didn't stutter.  @JBMatt shot 1 mile last weekend, when we discovered that the 850-yard target on our off-set Long Range range - was exactly 1.00 miles from our Camp location...

Saturday, November 21st, we're going out again.  Doing the same thing again, that afternoon.  I hope the weather is calm, but it is what it is. Locally, this will be big - but it won't be as big as the Fall Shoot turnout that we had this year, which was unreal.  I have 30 MOA of rail on my gun, and I can't zero that thing shorter than 500 yards - it IS zero'd for 500 yards, now.  .  I need to be able to dial 16.1 for 1750 yards, and 17.1 for 1800 yards.  I can dial (right now) 22.4 mils from my 500-yard zero...   JB Matt is fucked...   :laffs:I can dial everything out to BEYOND 2000 yards with my setup, and he ran out of elevation on his Bergara last weekend, and was holding over on his scope/gun to hit that mile target...   This shiit just got serious, but only because I didn't "bring a gun" that I should have brought.

I'll keep you all updated, as it progresses, and I'll talk some MAD SHIIT up to the event. 

I didn't bring my Win Mag to the Fall Shoot.  Or this wouldn't even be a story right now. Call it "cocky" - but he was the only one with a gun in that fight, last weekend.  We'll see, in 2 weeks...  :banana:

No matter where y'all land on this, you need to know this, right here - SHIIT TALKING is the most important aspect of this game...  You wanna sling lead at distance - talk MORE shiit than your opponent, and get in his head.  Once I tell Matt that I can dial this full thing, beyond 2k...  he's done.   I don't have to "guess and get lucky" here - but he still does.  

I'll text him tomorrow - and we'll see how much $$$ this costs him in the next 2 weeks, before this goes down...  :lmao:

Let's not forget to mention that my 225gr handloads are slightly MORE superior to his 220gr handloads - and I'll rub that in, too.  Afterwards...  :thumbup:

Brace yourselves, men.  It's about to get serious...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I.. need... more.. time.. I have the gear just no time to pratice. my new found target area is 1670"' slightly up angle. short low angle is 870"' it takes me an hour to get there but in the hills. snow is here also.. I need more time, but no doubt im in next trip! Good luck bro!

Don’t forget he hit center mass lol

iirc he was holding over 23.5 mils pretty fucking awesome to witness bullet flight time was 3 sec I’m glad I had my binos in the truck! Also I’m more impressed with that OnX app.

oh and he was shooting off a plastic fucking folding table!!!! 

B93D57F1-152D-4388-99CE-DB13B63B9F2C.jpeg

F10A38AF-8C28-4895-9003-928A68EB5B11.jpeg

85CAC4B0-51DD-46C2-98BA-F2473AF31EFB.jpeg

We'll shoot off that same table, too, I promise.  Keep it even...  The target will be facing back towards camp, though, instead of how it was oriented, which was facing the firing point for the off-site location.  This is gonna be amazing. 

He wanted to set up on the deck of my camper, which would have been cool - we'll do that in the future, at bigger shoots when I actually take the camper out there. The back of that thing is a 14' by 8' deck. 

Just talked to @JBMatt-fully encouraged him to talk as much shiit as possible in this thread, because WE'RE DOIN' IT.

As of right now - he might have an EGW 30 MOA rail on order for his gun.  Hopefully, he gets in here and defends himself, or I might kick his ass... :laffs:

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I didn't stutter.  @JBMatt shot 1 mile last weekend, when we discovered that the 850-yard target on our off-set Long Range range - was exactly 1.00 miles from our Camp location...

Saturday, November 21st, we're going out again.  Doing the same thing again, that afternoon.  I hope the weather is calm, but it is what it is. Locally, this will be big - but it won't be as big as the Fall Shoot turnout that we had this year, which was unreal.  I have 30 MOA of rail on my gun, and I can't zero that thing shorter than 500 yards - it IS zero'd for 500 yards, now.  .  I need to be able to dial 16.1 for 1750 yards, and 17.1 for 1800 yards.  I can dial (right now) 22.4 mils from my 500-yard zero...   JB Matt is fucked...   :laffs:I can dial everything out to BEYOND 2000 yards with my setup, and he ran out of elevation on his Bergara last weekend, and was holding over on his scope/gun to hit that mile target...   This shiit just got serious, but only because I didn't "bring a gun" that I should have brought.

I'll keep you all updated, as it progresses, and I'll talk some MAD SHIIT up to the event. 

I didn't bring my Win Mag to the Fall Shoot.  Or this wouldn't even be a story right now. Call it "cocky" - but he was the only one with a gun in that fight, last weekend.  We'll see, in 2 weeks...  :banana:

No matter where y'all land on this, you need to know this, right here - SHIIT TALKING is the most important aspect of this game...  You wanna sling lead at distance - talk MORE shiit than your opponent, and get in his head.  Once I tell Matt that I can dial this full thing, beyond 2k...  he's done.   I don't have to "guess and get lucky" here - but he still does.  

I'll text him tomorrow - and we'll see how much $$$ this costs him in the next 2 weeks, before this goes down...  :lmao:

Let's not forget to mention that my 225gr handloads are slightly MORE superior to his 220gr handloads - and I'll rub that in, too.  Afterwards...  :thumbup:

Brace yourselves, men.  It's about to get serious...

Oh, here we go... (face palm)

Guess and get lucky?  C'mon, man!  Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!  I've made that same shot with my AR10 in 6.5 CM.  Can your short ass barreled 260 get out there?  Hmmm...  We'll have to see about that.  And as far as your hand loads being SLIGHTLY more superior, I'm pretty sure mine have been proven to hit steel at a mile.  Twice, now.

Remember:  Run your bolt, not your mouth.  :-)

9 hours ago, JBMatt said:

Oh, here we go... (face palm)

Guess and get lucky?  C'mon, man!  Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!  I've made that same shot with my AR10 in 6.5 CM.  Can your short ass barreled 260 get out there?  Hmmm...  We'll have to see about that.  And as far as your hand loads being SLIGHTLY more superior, I'm pretty sure mine have been proven to hit steel at a mile.  Twice, now.

Remember:  Run your bolt, not your mouth.  🙂

do you have the range coordinates so that the distance could be verified by an independent un biased observer like me?

5 hours ago, mrmackc said:

do you have the range coordinates so that the distance could be verified by an independent un biased observer like me?

I failed to make the measurements on that one, but did bust out the survey gear on the targets at camp and confirmed distances. That said, I am not licensed to certify measurements taken in AZ, only CA. I do have a piece of paper that claims I have proven to be minimally competent in our fine state though. 

Handheld/phone GPS can be off as much as 30’ in most cases. However, given similar constellations it’s usually in the 7-15’ range. Vertical is a whole other story. One thing it does extremely well is speed because it’s a mater of relative distance measured at short increments of time.  

I'd be interested to see how accurate the GPS app that I was using actually is.  I'd have to guess that it's pretty close, as I've marked many locations with it and been able to walk right back to those locations within just a few feet repeatedly.  I'd have to say that it's accurate within a few yards for sure.  Even at 1755 yds, it's pretty safe to call it a mile.

11 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Can you send me your credentials as an "Independent Unbiased Observer, Qualified to Verify Anything?..."   I'd like to see that certification that you have.   :thumbup::lmao:

Come out here and see it with your own eyes - and binos, Mack.  :thumbup:  I guarantee we're making this a regular thing out here now.  Once we get good at it - really good at it - and have our dope and guns dialed for this particular setup, then we'll start heading out there intentionally on windy days, to learn even more.