• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another reformed PSA gas/recoil system victim

mtrmn

3 hours ago, mtrmn said:

I was referred here when I was troubleshooting my PSA 308AR build. I found a treasure trove of tried and true info that fixed all my problems in short order. Stuff like short gas tubes, light buffers etc. Thanks to 98Z5V and everyone else for all the help. Mtrmn

Welcome aboard, and glad to see the information helped someone, without them soliciting for help - THAT is why the info is up there, and it's great to see your words. :thumbup:

By chance, where were you referred from, if you don't mind?

"Welcome aboard, and glad to see the information helped someone, without them soliciting for help - THAT is why the info is up there, and it's great to see your words. :thumbup:

By chance, where were you referred from, if you don't mind?"

Someone on Snipers Hide put a link in their post about troubleshooting a PSA 308AR. Been a member there since 2009. My PSA 308 was built from a parts kit, 16" bbl. I later changed the bbl to a Faxon pencil barrel to try and make it a little lighter. But I had many and various problems with the gun from the get-go, and changing the barrel did not effect any of them. The MAIN problem I had was random case head separations with starting-level loads. I finally got hold of some headspace gages and found that the gun would fully  and easily close on a no-go gage. I had already changed the bbl so I decided it had to be the bolt. Bought a Lantac bolt assembly which fixed that part of the equation instantly. Your articles fixed the rest. I couldn't find an Armalite mid-length or "carbine length" gas tube but did find out another company makes the same tube-LBE Unlimited. Worked like a charm.

Again, thanks to all for the help and the welcome messages.

47 minutes ago, mtrmn said:

Someone on Snipers Hide put a link in their post about troubleshooting a PSA 308AR. Been a member there since 2009.

No KIDDING?!  The Hide sent you here?!  THAT is AWESOME!!!   I'm just glad that the word is out there, and it's being pushed to the people that need the info. 

THAT makes me happy.  :thumbup:

Glad I could cheer you up and also glad I didn't start off over here on your bad side. 😉

One thing I learned on the Hide is "Don't start nothin' and there won't BE nothin' " Seen a lot of newbies get their asses handed to them in short order by the real pros when they started spouting off BS.

3 minutes ago, mtrmn said:

Glad I could cheer you up and also glad I didn't start off over here on your bad side. 😉

One thing I learned on the Hide is "Don't start nothin' and there won't BE nothin' " Seen a lot of newbies get their asses handed to them in short order by the real pros when they started spouting off BS.

I'm really not that bad - I just don't like dickheads, and engineers-that-know-everything.   :thumbup:

You will never be on my bad side - You've come here in a respectable manner, right off the bat, and that always goes a long way.   :hail: