• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

300 BLK subs at 1000 yards

dpete

7 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Impressive now try to find ammo.

Haven't seen any 300 in a while. I think everyone is on a waiting list that gets it all before it even goes online. i have several sites with the notify me on four calibers and have for a while now and not  one has sent me a notice yet,

9 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Impressive now try to find ammo. I had a chance to try a suppressed 300 and it was very smooth. Better for my tinnitus. 🍺🍺

Ammo, Shmammo!   :laffs:   I've got close to 500 220 grain BLK subs loaded up and 500 more waiting to get loaded.  Brass, powder and primers to go with them.  Same bullets my son and I were shooting at our WI summer shoot through my 8" BLK pistol.

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

@Robocop1051 - YOU have a subsonic gun that's REALLY capable at 1,000 yards. 

You need to crush this .300BLK thing right now, brother.  Let them leave the arena in a puddled pool of their own piss, when they even think to consider what you already have...

I'm just sayin'...  :popcorn:

You’re right. Most of the ballistic data for a subsonic “50” was done by the .510 Whisper crowd. They showed that the Hornady A-Max 750gr, traveling 1050 fps, only had a 9% depreciation in velocity at 500 meters. 

The CROM 500 Blk will be launching several different loads, but the 911gr monolithic copper is our signature cartridge. I seem to remember that our math projected that the 500  Blk would still be traveling about 450 fps at 1k meters, and would remain terminal down to 220 fps due to its mass. 

Aside from the 911gr monolithic round, I also have a box of NATO API projectiles that I intend to load up for “faster” application. 

I want to shoot a 500 Blk API in the AZ desert just to watch @Matt.Cross stomp the holy hell out of a burning cactus in the middle of the night. 🔥 🌵 🔥 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:16 PM, dpete said:

Talk about mortaring them in there!

In all sincerity, since we trashed Pete's thread here...   this comes down to what I always stated.  If you have an accurate gun - then it's always accurate.  Barrel length doesn't matter, if it's a shorter barreled gun - it's accurate.  After that, you just need to know the ballistics on the load, and the muzzle velocity out of that barrel - so you can make the right drop-at-distance choices. Accurate guns are always gonna be accurate, but if you wanna take something short-barreled to a longer distance, the only things stopping you are the limitations of the load, and whether you know your dope for that distance...   :thumbup:

I've done 12.5" Grendel at 850 yards, never tried to push it beyond that. That load goes subsonic at right after 900, and before 950...   I'm about to get into some 12.5" 6 ARC at that same distance, and longer - as long as I can make it go...   :banana:

On 1/27/2021 at 10:08 PM, dpete said:

Ammo, Shmammo!   :laffs:   I've got close to 500 220 grain BLK subs loaded up and 500 more waiting to get loaded.  Brass, powder and primers to go with them.  Same bullets my son and I were shooting at our WI summer shoot through my 8" BLK pistol.

Guess I will meet up with you guys then if I need to 😉