AR10 value OPINION

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

Be nice to see the gun up close too.

There's a reason I'm not a professional photographer 😂🤣 it's a cheap ugly little gun that shoots fucken amazing with $hit cheap ammo. Once components are back in stock,  I want to load some with 125gr Sierra  Game King

20210731_223809.jpg

20210731_223829.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

27 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Looks good to me. 👍

Thanks. It's a very lightweight gun, nice to carry. Really shoots well since I free floated the barrel completely.  Originally I planned to get a better stock for it, but it works sooo damn good as is, I see no reason to change ANYTHING. The scope is a Nikon Prostaff 5 3-14x40mm FFP BDC. Reticle gets a little fat with the magnification dialed up but acceptable still since its range is only about 400 yards or so

On 7/31/2021 at 10:10 PM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Gave the AR10 a break today. Hunted a smaller farm,  perfect for the Ruger Ranch 7.62x39. 

20210731_192901.jpg

Holy cow - either you came from Lilliput, or that is a monster ground hog!  That's a whole lot chunkier that what we know as ground hogs out here.... shoot - if you told me that was a young nutria I might believe you.   That bugger has some girth on him! 

4 minutes ago, BigNate said:

Holy cow - either you came from Lilliput, or that is a monster ground hog!  That's a whole lot chunkier that what we know as ground hogs out here.... shoot - if you told me that was a young nutria I might believe you.   That bugger has some girth on him! 

There's fatter ones out there. I wear a size 15 boot, should give decent scale to the size of the ground hog

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

There's fatter ones out there. I wear a size 15 boot, should give decent scale to the size of the ground hog

The stuff that I see and know as "ground hogs" out here tend to be about squirrel sized critters - maybe a smidge bigger - but not much... 

3 minutes ago, BigNate said:

The stuff that I see and know as "ground hogs" out here tend to be about squirrel sized critters - maybe a smidge bigger - but not much... 

Groundhogs,  not prairie dog? 

Geographic location makes a difference too on animals. Whitetail tend to be 100lb + heavier in places in Canada compared to here. The coyote here in Pennsylvania are larger also than places like Texas,  Arizona' etc. Although ours are of a wolf hybrid. 

16 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Geographic location makes a difference too on animals. Whitetail tend to be 100lb + heavier in places in Canada compared to here. The coyote here in Pennsylvania are larger also than places like Texas,  Arizona' etc. Although ours are of a wolf hybrid. 

You are exposing my ignorance regarding burrowing rodents...  I guess I've always equated ground-hogs with prairie dogs...   

I'm in AZ - in a semi-rural area north of Phoenix - I see coyotes not quite daily - but close.  I've never caught and weighed one - but I'd be surprised if the "big" ones near me weigh more than 25 - 30 lbs.  My uneducated eye says that they are skinnier than normal this year - probably due to the drought.  

1 hour ago, BigNate said:

You are exposing my ignorance regarding burrowing rodents...  I guess I've always equated ground-hogs with prairie dogs...   

I'm in AZ - in a semi-rural area north of Phoenix - I see coyotes not quite daily - but close.  I've never caught and weighed one - but I'd be surprised if the "big" ones near me weigh more than 25 - 30 lbs.  My uneducated eye says that they are skinnier than normal this year - probably due to the drought.  

I believe your coyote "average " 35 to 40lb,. Ours average  45 to 50lb, we've shot a few up here 50lb +.  I think, could be wrong though,  you're in prairie dog country

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

There is a island between mainland and Vancouver Isl. called Texada and well populated by hippies and deer. The deer turn out to be a bit smaller then average due to all the grazing in the hippie gardens. Rumor has it the meat has a 'sweetish' flavor to it but haven't tried any myself.

Local coyotes here are in the 35-50lbs range and recently been a number of coyotes attacking people( joggers in particular) in and around Vancouver area. 

Downtown racoons are about twice the size of rural racoons here in BC.

10 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

You people do realize i am black?😡

To be honest, I can see how that sounds. But I didn’t read his post that way and fully mean city raccoons.  I could give a shiit if you were purple, pink or green, but knowing how that looks I’ll clarify I in no way intend my remark to be racist. 

46F2C09D-F3D4-4AE3-AF27-6A6AFAB3036B.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

To be honest, I can see how that sounds. But I didn’t read his post that way and fully mean city raccoons.  I could give a shiit if you were purple, pink or green, but knowing how that looks I’ll clarify I in no way intend my remark to be racist. 

46F2C09D-F3D4-4AE3-AF27-6A6AFAB3036B.jpeg

Only thing I saw racist was an elderly Asian woman claiming to be a black man just to pretend to be offended. Bad enough she can't drive for $hit, but damn!😲