• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another FNG from the mitten state

JoeDirt

Good morning to all!

Joe here

Joining this forum to soak up the tons of knowledge I see lingering about, and to meet some fellow 2A advocates.  I have a lifetime of being an Enginerd in me, and am learning how tp apply those skills to my recent 5.56 and 308 builds out in my machine shop.  As most encounter, the 5.56 is a great place to learn, and in some case (like the 308) the hard way that these toys are not so plug and play with industry standards, as we would think / sold.  The 308 has been proving that but I am enjoying every step of the way as I learn what is junk and what is not.  I enjoy the journey as much as the end results of sending lead down range!

Learning fast about short timing, under gassing, over gassing, buffer system ills, and some of the lack luster parts designs that are driving us to places like this forum!...But most importantly I am looking to really appreciate the entire system as I marvel in its design and can't believe it took me this long to find you guys!