• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sorta Downeast

MaineMan2

Hiya!  I moved back to southern Maine near the coast in 2014 after more than 30 years in Virginia. 

I don't own any firearms, but I'm interested in Colt revolvers (1960 and earlier), Smith & Wessons, Dan Wessons, anything designed by John Moses Browning, and M1As.  The What Would Stoner Do series on InRangeTV got me back into the AR15 world.  Given shortages of virtually everything, a 308 AR seemed like an interesting topic to research...

That's not entirely true - I do own a Brown Bess with a Tower of London proof mark and a Model 1871 Remington Rolling Block chambered in 50-70.  I've never fired either one.

19 hours ago, sagebrush said:

i have the rolling block in 50-70 also. get into it, lot of fun to load for and shoot. welcome from oregon

Wow!  Where on earth do you find cases?  Cast your own boolits?  Load data - just 70 grains of black powder?  The stock isn't in good shape at all - think I'll stick with the baby brother cartridge in an 1895.  That thing kicks hard enough!

4 hours ago, MaineMan2 said:

Wow!  Where on earth do you find cases?  Cast your own boolits?  Load data - just 70 grains of black powder?  The stock isn't in good shape at all - think I'll stick with the baby brother cartridge in an 1895.  That thing kicks hard enough!

i got the cases from dixie gun works. they have most supplies to shoot civil war era guns. do cast my own bullets. good times