• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings and bio from New Mexico

DiggerDave

I was searching around for firing pin protrusion issues and came across the group here. Signed up and posted a reply to the thread only to find it was six years old. Worked fine for a test so hello to the group. Home is in NW NM and I started in working with the AR platform for the first time ever just before the China flu hit in Jan 2020 Having experience with the M14 and a Mini14 in .223 I wanted to build an AR platform rifle. Ended up building five during the pandemic including an 11.5" carbine pistol, a 10.3" adjustable gas pistol, a mid length gas 16" rifle and a rifle length gas 18" CHF FN barreled rifle and with that done then my .308. Having tried PSA and wanting to support them, I opted to try out their PA-10 platform knowing from research what I would be getting. So far zero issues running a 20" stainless bbl. Great accuracy from the Gen 3 lower and upper topped with a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD DMR .308 in a Midwest Ind. 30mm-20MOA mount.

Having worked in welding, machining and fabrication in the past fortunately I had most of the basic tools, calipers, mics. but I'm still adding more tooling, inch pound torque wrench, chamber gauges and recently a MI URR upper receiver rod to my tool arsenal.

Availability challenges amid shipping nightmares have honed my skills at digging for parts and deals and showed me who I want to deal with and who ships fast. I prefer all my parts Made in USA! and my bulk ammo from Oklahoma.

Glad to be aboard. Semper Fi.

DiggerDave

DD 😄

PSA_G3_PA10_308 2.jpg

IMG_20211224_185835961.thumb.jpg.8ba63cd20baa4212fceb9db25415eb55.jpg

Just completed reassembly after checking the gas port. Decided to subdue the bright SS finish on this 20" Bbl. while the hand guard was off. I think it came out looking sweet. Merry Christmas to me!

DD

On 12/17/2021 at 11:58 PM, DiggerDave said:

I was searching around for firing pin protrusion issues and came across the group here. Signed up and posted a reply to the thread only to find it was six years old. Worked fine for a test so hello to the group. Home is in NW NM and I started in working with the AR platform for the first time ever just before the China flu hit in Jan 2020 Having experience with the M14 and a Mini14 in .223 I wanted to build an AR platform rifle. Ended up building five during the pandemic including an 11.5" carbine pistol, a 10.3" adjustable gas pistol, a mid length gas 16" rifle and a rifle length gas 18" CHF FN barreled rifle and with that done then my .308. Having tried PSA and wanting to support them, I opted to try out their PA-10 platform knowing from research what I would be getting. So far zero issues running a 20" stainless bbl. Great accuracy from the Gen 3 lower and upper topped with a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD DMR .308 in a Midwest Ind. 30mm-20MOA mount.

Having worked in welding, machining and fabrication in the past fortunately I had most of the basic tools, calipers, mics. but I'm still adding more tooling, inch pound torque wrench, chamber gauges and recently a MI URR upper receiver rod to my tool arsenal.

Availability challenges amid shipping nightmares have honed my skills at digging for parts and deals and showed me who I want to deal with and who ships fast. I prefer all my parts Made in USA! and my bulk ammo from Oklahoma.

Glad to be aboard. Semper Fi.

DiggerDave

DD 😄

PSA_G3_PA10_308 2.jpg

On 12/18/2021 at 3:29 AM, shooterrex said:

Welcome from KY.

Western Kentucky, were all my Grand Daddy's kin are from! Thank you and all the rest on the board for the fine greeting. I'll pull my own weight and help with a smile when able. I'm no slacker!

In memory of my distant relation David Crockett who died at The Alamo. He dared to speak the truth to politicians of his day, it is our duty today!

Merry Christmas,

Digger D.