• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

You need to ride my 109 while you're down here.  That heavy bitch will scare the poop out of you...  :o  It's 750lbs of pure fury...  :cookoo:

You'll crush any 600 or 750 sportbike off the line.  Badly.  <laughs> <lmao>

That happened - he rode it, and is now shopping for one...  <thumbsup> <lmao>

Two-strokes are most definately a little known in this day and age.

I remember long ago mocking a buddy for wanting his Dad's 250 Norton two-stroke.  At the time he said quite seriously "It's more bike than you can handle.  It's a screamer."  Just a matter of fact.

I want one now.

Jon

Some day I will own a 2 stroke street bike, they were EVERYWHERE in china when I was there

My first experiences with 2-strokes went sort of like this...

Apply throttle.  Big whoop.  Ride around a little bit getting used to the bike.  Start a circuit.  Definately need more throttle here...hey, it is speeding up quite a bit more than before HOLY poop BRAKEBRAKEBRAKE!!!

Sleepers are awesome!

Jon

My first experiences with 2-strokes went sort of like this...

Apply throttle.  Big whoop.  Ride around a little bit getting used to the bike.  Start a circuit.  Definately need more throttle here...hey, it is speeding up quite a bit more than before HOLY poop BRAKEBRAKEBRAKE!!!

Sleepers are awesome!

Jon

Mine was about the same on a buddies RD250, down the road takeing it easy get a feel for the bike, way back up the road I'm gonna open her up alil holy balls the front tires a foot off the ground!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My hobby/passion is diesel performance. Ive been working and playing with them since 2004. In the summer im always racing at one track or another. My diesel addiction turned into a career in 2009 when a buddy and I opened our own performance shop. We sold some parts and worked on a few trucks but our main source of income was building performance injectors for older Cummins trucks.  We parted ways i may (don't start a business with a friend) and I opened my own shop up in July specializing in injectors only.

Chris

My hobby/passion is diesel performance. Ive been working and playing with them since 2004. In the summer im always racing at one track or another. My diesel addiction turned into a career in 2009 when a buddy and I opened our own performance shop. We sold some parts and worked on a few trucks but our main source of income was building performance injectors for older Cummins trucks.  We parted ways i may (don't start a business with a friend) and I opened my own shop up in July specializing in injectors only.

Chris

So a diesel-geek, eh?

Ever seen any of these:  http://www.deltahawkengines.com

Jon

My other soft spot (besides firearms) is motorcycles, primarily vintage BMW bikes.  I have four BMWs from 1963 to 1978 and my user ID is "flat twins" for the horizontally-opposed twin engine.

Here's one of the toys-

b9e164f3.jpg

that bike is sexy as fornicate!!!!

met a guy in china that rebuilds russian knock offs of that bike with side cars, built for the chinese army. there is a 250cc restriction on bikes in china but side cares arent considered motorcycles. hopfully i hit the lottery and can have him ship me one here:D

that bike is sexy as Fornicate!!!!

met a guy in china that rebuilds russian knock offs of that bike with side cars, built for the chinese army. there is a 250cc restriction on bikes in china but side cares arent considered motorcycles. hopfully i hit the lottery and can have him ship me one here:D

Thanks!  I built that one from boxes of parts.  The bikes you are referring to are Chang Jiang which has roots to the 1938 BMW R71.  They can be pretty cool once a decent engine (usually from a 70s BMW) has replaced the flaky Chinese original. There's also the Ural and the Dnepr, both essentially BMW copies.

Here's another of my girls.  This one is a '78 R100RS.

n649092436_1184781_6757.jpg

Urals are Russian made.  The Chinese versions are of about the same quality.

The best models are made in Ukraine by Dnepr, a little more modernized and better quality control.  They also make them up to 850cc.

My non-mechanically inclined buddy bought one of the two-wheel drive Urals.  Knowing he is who he is, it was constantly down.  If it wasn't the popping out of gear it was the electrical system, if it wasn't the carbs it was the oil circulation.

Don't know if this is true for the Urals, but the Dneprs can use Volkswagen cylinders...bolt right on.  You can also get a 2-wheel drive bike as a "kit", bolt it together yourself for like $3k the last time I checked.

Jon