• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

where exactly along the river? I'm at the edge of Wesley Chapel. I've always wanted to learn blacksmithing too, keep a business card in my wallet of a guy near St Leos that does classes

Citrus county.

I'd like to do some classes, I am mostly looking to use the forge for tempering my homebrew blades. There is some good knife making videos on youtube.

Edited by george_995

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I am retired Military so I teach my grandsons shooting safety with Airsoft. We also have an Airsoft team of which I carry the EBR. I am also using family property up north passed down for generations where I teach SERE training 4 times a year a long with small unit tactics. It's called 4 seasons Sere......are you ready ....trying to get that up and going . Surprise how many people can't build and sustain a fire in snow. I am also a certified mixed gas diver and Divemaster. As well as bars emptied, virgins cured and alligators tamed......oh and I have helped in the overthrowing of dipshit governments. That's about it no one more I love sailing but don't have a sail boat

Scuba diving, swimming, treasure hunting, playing airsoft and teaching tactics, survival skills training, and gun safety to 2 of my grandhildren (thru airsoft), we have a blast........camping, and of course fishing and fishing, did I mention fishing?

Do you live in Florida?

I dove a site similar to that in New Mexico called the Blue Hole. Seems this place has a lot to offer. I think I'm about 3 hours from there give or take

It is worth it.

Their camping facilities are very nice as well as the cabins. There are foot trails all over the property that lead to old mines(open phosphate pits) and etc. I don't dive with equipment (never got certified), but I do free dive to an extent.

I talk to some of the divers when I have gone there, they told me that deeper in the underwater cave fossils can be seen in the cave walls.  

PS how deep is the hole?

I don't remember off hand, they have platforms submerged  at different depths. When snorkeling we always swim down to a platform at 30'.  I wouldn't doubt if it is 100' deep, I looked at their FB and didn't see any details.  I watch dives descend until I can't see their torch/light, those caves go for a good bit.

I have dove around the world one of my favorite spots is Peurto Rico where you can walk in to the water and dive beautiful caverns over your head. I was swimming thru one one time and there was a shaft of light shining thru calling us up as if it was coming from heaven! Never made it to Hawaii though that's a dream of mine. Thanks for sharing guys

Haha that's funny. I've been a diver my whole life as long as I can remember. As a kid I grew up swimming with gators.... Just respect them and give them their space. Once we stop respecting predators that's when we pay for it. Believe me I don't do stupid stuff like diving with a string of fish I have speared attached to me, I don't provoke these animals, or swim at dusk in muddy waters I surely don't approach rays from above and behind and startle them which will make their tales flick up( Steve Irwin) and I don't feed them. I give them their space and they give me mine. I have been bumped at night open ocean, but I am in their environment. Hey friend nice communicating with you!