• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yep i gotta get better with the scanner ....first time using it.....ill post up some better ones

the one i wanna find is the one with the big motor...its an arias motor....chevy Yenko tall deck with arias three push rod hemi heads.....those were the days....and i lived thru it ! :) Wash

Deer hunting, wood working, music.  I'm a big Beatles fan.  I play guitar and bass in a band that averages one paying gig per year; we mostly spend time in the basement "practicing", drinking brew, and being good friends. 

BTW, in my avatar, that is me with Les Paul, about 30 seconds before he autographed my Les Paul.

Reading.  Surfing the 'net.

Focused on my weight and health right now.  About a year and a half ago I lost 50 pounds.  Turned out to be good timing, as a little less than a year ago I had open heart surgery.  The weight had not caused the heart problem, it was congenital, but the weight loss made both the surgery and the recovery easier.  Now I'm focus on keeping the weight off.  All is good.  At 54 I'm looking forward to starting the second half of my life!

And now that all is well, I'm hoping to start kayaking again, something I really haven't done much of for about 15 years.

Edited by kayak

Here's the boat I caught a whole hell of a lot of sharks from.  Our next one was bigger but this one was my favorite.  I used to take this thing 40 and 50 miles out and seas that bigger boats would balk at and she always brought me home.

post-14569-0-57963400-1392935003_thumb.j 

My wife and I got caught on the other side of Montauk, NY, about 30 miles from home in quite a squall one day.  She held on to the rail in front of her seat with her rain hood pulled down over her face as we road home on the backs of 7-10 foot seas, driving rains, black skies and wind takin the tops right off the waves.

If the wind hadn't been blowing towards home (southwest) I probably wouldn't be typing here or anywhere today.  I miss that boat more than all of em I've had.

We fish, we shoot and we enjoy our boys (8 and 10).  My wife and I are both 50 and her daughter (my step-daughter) lives out in Michigan right now but we're hopin she'll find her way back this way again after college but ya never know.  She's thinking about joining the Army to train dogs...  I think that would be a good thing.  I was 11bravo but couldn't be anything but proud if she was training canine 11bravos - anything to help our guys up front is a fine pursuit in my mind...

Edited by Sharkey