• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a percussionist since the 6th grade. I ended my serious drum playing with 5 years on a college drum line. These days I play drum set casually at home and at church. Every now and then I'll pick up a student to teach but they always flake out.

I love computers. I probably love computers more than guns. I majored in electrical engineering in order to pursue a career in VLSI or microprocessor design. But, I decided to not pursue that career because I wanted to have a life outside of work. Now I'm a field support engineer for a major electric utility. But, I still build computers, hack phones, program, and act as my wife's tech support.

I enjoy mountain biking but good trails aren't as accessible these days and I don't have anybody to ride with. I also picked up running 2 years ago. Although, I just finished physical therapy for an IT band injury, so I'm not running so much right now.

As far as shooting goes, I started young. My dad taught my sister and I. My BB gun had to have the stock cut off so I could shoulder it. I've never consistently shot for any long period of time. Shooting is expensive and I always have to drive a long ways to hunt or shoot. I hate deer hunting. Squirrel, crow, hog, etc are my interests.

I actually start grad school(in addition to working full time) in a few days and my wife starts PA school in May. So, money for hobbies will be short for the next three years. Ill finish my AR308 in a month or so. At least I'll have it finished so I can take it hog hunting every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I raced motocross for 17 years but quit recently (4 years ago) due to injuries that have stacked up over the years.

I have a music project that me and some close friends have been working on for a few years now, seems like its taking forever to finish.  My other hobby is highly modified Marshall amps. I see there are some other guitar players in here.. Very cool  post-14873-0-31893500-1403139486_thumb.jpost-14873-0-91981800-1403139592_thumb.j

Edited by blackeyes

I'd take one of those JCM 900's..... yeah those that go to ELEVEN! :D

Hehehe, that movie is a classic

Yes, that one was modded by none other than Todd Langner (amp god) in 1986. Its a 5 gain-stage monster with totally reworked DC power supply to the heaters to keep it quiet under ridiculous gain levels. Todd was years ahead of his time, nobody was doing these types of mods then but him.

The 900's are not usually coveted by Marshall nuts, but anyone who has heard that amp was absolutely floored by it

• 2 months later...

Besides collecting up as much empty brass as I can make I have a collection of several hundred early American made hand saws. I recently snagged a rare panther saw on e-bay for $40 on a buy-it-now, it's worth $800-$1,200 but like my guns, I'd never sell it.

post-12531-0-22128100-1409540193_thumb.j

Anyone ever have any questions on antique tools feel free to ask.

^^^  That is awesome!  My stepdad collects old tools, and he's got them displayed rather nicely - I have no idea what some of them are worth, or where he got them, but I know he can talk about them all day long, though.  Next time I get back to Ohio, I'll get pictures of everything. 

• 5 months later...

This  ??? is going to get you some attention.... ahem...

Never saw that before....

Actually, I try to avoid the water and just focus on the track events.  Occasionally we get a weekend that is very wet and if you want to go out on the track, you have to put up with the water. 

Now that I'm retired, I get to 'play' in the woods & go fishin' a lot more.  I also enjoy gardening (even built a greenhouse).  I like spending lazy days smokin' meat & drinking a nice cold beer with my wife & dogs.    <thumbsup>

hello wild rose. I thought about a deer stand in the driveway but I can just shoot deer out of my bedroom window. I live on a Corp of Engineers lake. In the cross timbers area of Central Texas. I do some grilling an fishing.

• 2 months later...

Scuba diving...   I don't get in the water that much here in landlocked Alberta, but I try to get a dozen dives in every winter holiday. Next winter the wife and I are looking to try Cozumel again [first time was a disappointing week].  Gonna do it up!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting a new hobby as soon as I can pass my medical. (Couple of things on my 8500-8 holding me up but I should be eligible for AASI).

CessnaN75845.JPG

Let's just say elk scouting is gonna be a blast this fall assuming everything goes well!! <thumbsup>

Edited by AdamO

I'm starting a new hobby as soon as I can pass my medical. (Couple of things on my 8500-8 holding me up but I should be eligible for AASI).

CessnaN75845.JPG

Let's just say elk scouting is gonna be a blast this fall assuming everything goes well!! <thumbsup>

Congrats brother, I'll be starting the process of getting my pilot license soon myself.