• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Small machine shop making DPMS Gii parts

DefenseDepot

Hello everyone. I’ve been a big fan of the Gii small frame rifles for some time now. I was very disappointed by the demise of Gii producers, and while it seems DPMS is back, and has plans to produce these guns again in the future, there aren’t currently any big manufacturers making aftermarket parts available. 
I own a small machine shop and decided to start making replacements for the unavailable proprietary parts needed for the DPMS and Rem R25 Gii receiver sets. 
We’re still a very small startup and currently only have pivot pins, bolt catches, and mag releases available, but coming soon are a bolt carrier group, handguard and eventually a complete receiver set. 
Incidentally our small parts are all made from 6al-4v titanium and are significantly lighter than OEM steel. 
We have a website, but I’m not sure I’m allowed to post it here.
Just getting the word out there that someone is supporting the Gii format!

2D2171F3-0149-4BC0-83F8-C46807CE1036.jpeg

28D1ADB4-7F6E-4D6A-B256-E9AFF0A3398A.jpeg

F9BD7D01-0099-4638-82BE-A887536B2EED.jpeg

9F46C967-5456-4430-BCD3-B761B3EEF9EF.jpeg

4 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Welcome to the forum! As stated in response to your other thread, it's OK to post a link to your site as long as it's not being spammed all over the forum. When your website/business becomes a commercial success, don't forget us.

Thanks again, and I really appreciate the warm welcome from everyone else here as well!

On 4/4/2022 at 11:39 PM, DefenseDepot said:

Thanks again, and I really appreciate the warm welcome from everyone else here as well!

We're glad to have you! I have a few years of experience as a Machinist Tool & Die Maker under my belt, so I love machining and machine projects and parts and the industry in general.

10 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

We're glad to have you! I have a few years of experience as a Machinist Tool & Die Maker under my belt, so I love machining and machine projects and parts and the industry in general.

That’s great! I’m an embossing die maker by trade, but the Gii parts are a passion project. 
I have a theory that everyone who owns a milling machine eventually makes a gun part. So far I haven’t been let down 

On 4/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, DefenseDepot said:

That’s great! I’m an embossing die maker by trade, but the Gii parts are a passion project. 
I have a theory that everyone who owns a milling machine eventually makes a gun part. So far I haven’t been let down 

I made a barrel collar for a suppressor on a lathe, does that count?

Welcome aboard, DD.  Do yourself a huge favor, and don't post your dimensions for parts online here.  You'll start seeing Chinese shiit pop up all over the place, if you do.  Hold your dimensions close to your heart, for this proprietary system.  If your parts work - keep them working, make the name for yourself, and drive on.  It won't stop some shiithead from buying your parts, and copying them, unless you have a patent and a good lawyer - but it'll slow them down.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Welcome aboard, DD.  Do yourself a huge favor, and don't post your dimensions for parts online here.  You'll start seeing Chinese shiit pop up all over the place, if you do.  Hold your dimensions close to your heart, for this proprietary system.  If your parts work - keep them working, make the name for yourself, and drive on.  It won't stop some shiithead from buying your parts, and copying them, unless you have a patent and a good lawyer - but it'll slow them down.  :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice, I absolutely plan on keeping all our dimensional and tolerance data private. R&D ain’t easy!

5 minutes ago, DefenseDepot said:

R&D ain’t easy!

That right there is the truth - and you've put the R&D into it - protect your investment, man. 

And keep doing what you do - keep that damn DPMS G II alive...   :thumbup:

Fix it's issues that have come up.   :hail:

10 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

I made a barrel collar for a suppressor on a lathe, does that count?

8 minutes ago, DefenseDepot said:

That absolutely counts 

He's a hack.  You need to see his work in person, before you pass judgement...   :embarrassed:

I think that was my "inside voice" that came out...  :bitchslap:

J/K.  It's a fukkin' work of art, what he did.  reverse-engineered like a MoFo, and he crushed it.   :hail:

On 4/6/2022 at 1:01 AM, 98Z5V said:

He's a hack.  You need to see his work in person, before you pass judgement...   :embarrassed:

I think that was my "inside voice" that came out...  :bitchslap:

J/K.  It's a fukkin' work of art, what he did.  reverse-engineered like a MoFo, and he crushed it.   :hail:

@DefenseDepot this is Exhibit A, better get yourself a groin protector because this crowd is a bunch of ball busters....