• Visit Sportsmans Guide

How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, dpete said:

That might have come from me.  I've sent a number of people over there to here.  Welcome!

I'm grateful for this, brother.  Glad they're coming around.  Way back in the day, I was on there, and got to make ONE POST, and was banned.  Someone asked about a good AR15 barrel, and I suggested Spike's Tactical - BAN!  With one post.

That stirred me up, like you don't know, and I got on ARF, and praised the fuk outta Spikes.  That led to the fucking OWNER of M4C sending me a PM - on the site that I was banned from, and could still read?  I read his email notification.  Fuk that douche.  I lit him up on ARF for even PMing me in the first place, and posted his shiit that he sent me.

All the bandwagon long-time guys over there were all over that.  Eff 'em all. 

Looks like  - as it turns out - those people over there don't know enough about Large Frames to even hold their own water...  :popcorn:  Where those old-timers at over there, that were slamming me 10 years ago?...   🥰

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Looks like  - as it turns out - those people over there don't know enough about Large Frames to even hold their own water...  :popcorn:  Where those old-timers at over there, that were slamming me 10 years ago?...   🥰

Some know a little, just enough to give wrong info.  A lot of folks at M4C are still "if it ain't Colt or BCM its crap" kind of guys.  I generally skip the AR15 threads and check the Beyond 5.56/.223 section a few times a week.  Usually not much new there but once in a while there is a post looking for help on a large frame so I send them over here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2010 at 11:40 PM, imschur said:

Please tell me how you ended up here whether from a link or search engine etc. The more detail you can give the better. This information helps me to perform tasks that will help generate more members.

Thanks!

I came across an old thread about the removal of the factory handguard from a Remington R25. Figured Id go ahead and join up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found this forum while searching for hunting with an AR-10. I recently purchased an Aero Precision upper and lower, and intend to use it to deer hunt. Thing is, I've only ever been hunting once as a teen, tagging along with a guy who didn't really even know what he was doing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, enragged said:

Found this forum from google searches on potential issues with PSA-10 rifles

Same here! Although here is where I found out that my DOMS DR10 was a PSA 10. So happy I landed here!

Edited by Traveler

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Tropic Lightning said:

Needed information that arfcom's membership is not exactly being helpful with, and ever since LarryG passed getting good and solid AR10 information has been next to non existent.

ARF isn't exactly a plethora of great .308AR info in the first place.  Just sayin'... 

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

ARF isn't exactly a plethora of great .308AR info in the first place.  Just sayin'... 

Truth.

And a very unnatural raging hate for large frame and 308 in general.

I have some questions to ask on spare parts. I own both an LR308 pattern from JD Machine and an actual factory Armalite DEF10 (AR10) and would like to pick up spare bolts, spare stripped uppers for both types, spare extractors, cam pins, etc. I'm assuming the bolts either have to be AR10 only or LR308 specific. But what about extractors and springs?

Another issue I had was when I assembled an Aero M5 LR308 pattern, it would not fit in the rear and definitely would not cycle on dry cycling even after forcing the issue. So I am unsure where to start for finding cheap but functionally serviceable uppers as well as the other parts.

What part of this site would be best to lurk around and find my answers?

On 3/31/2010 at 11:40 PM, imschur said:

Please tell me how you ended up here whether from a link or search engine etc. The more detail you can give the better. This information helps me to perform tasks that will help generate more members.

Thanks!

I was invited to check in by a member on the FAL files that thought this forum might be of help. Whatta Hobby!