• Visit Sportsmans Guide

How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, sketch said:

you two are made for each other! Im guessing family photos on vacation.. hahaha! 

Oh heavens no, his family is a disfunctional bunch of trannys and homo's. His parents hung out at truck stops in a mini van with a sign that said suck and fornicate. now which one did which I don't know.  but 89 learned at a young age that his mouth could make money. lord knows he has tried to be good at what he does, he even pulled all his teeth to be the best.

The work has paid off for him, his name and phone number are in every flying j truck stop in America and the one in his town has a sign on the third stall in the bathroom stating that is his work area. Needless to say he stays busy and is probably satisfying a trucker as I type.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I ordered a 308 upper and lower from AERO yesterday so I guess "it begins".    Got phone support sufficient for a newbe to populate my "wish list" to complete the build and hope to slip a lot of that into the "cart" as sales are published.   Now I guess I need to start looking at tools necessary since having never built one before those are not at my bench presently.   Regarding the components in my wish list, I'll still be doing some reading here to try and sift out recommendations.   Seems the 20" barrel I'd like to have limits some choices on the buffer and Magpul stock choices from AERO but like I said I have a lot of reading to do.   With something like 5,000 bullets to cast and loading for next year's BPCR and BPTR shooting season to accomplish this winter & early spring should be an interesting exercise in managing time spent towards each.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I guess I'll bump this thread up for you guys since I'm new here... Slow day at work so I figure what the hell. 

I've actually used this site more times than I can count along my 308 journey. I've gotten tons of great advice and info just from Google searches where this forum would have posts that were related to my searches.

I figured now is as good a time as any to join up and try to return the favor. I'm no guru by any means, but I'm a large frame AR fanboy and I've picked some stuff up along the way.

If nothing else, I can answer some noob questions for a while that I figure you guys get tired of answering, lol. I pretty much eat, sleep and live guns and long range shooting and if I survive long enough, hope to retire with a little custom rifle shop that I'm slowly piecing together little by little. 

So until I have the dinero to make that a reality, I figure I should learn what I can. Diagnosing problems and custom rifle builds are something I see a lot of on this forum. It's also something I'll need to be knowledgeable about so, getting some practice and looking to learn...