How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bowtie1077 said:

I found this site by looking for topics related to AR10 builds and associated component compatibility.  I'm new here and haven't had a chance to look around much yet, but I will in time.  

There is lots of info here.  Feel free to ask questions if you can't find the answers you are looking for. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, roach0415 said:

Followed a link in a different form when searching about PA10 gen II info... gonna be here awhile it appears

We'll fix the gun in short order, man, don't worry about that.  If you don't mind, what forum recommended you here?  It's always nice to work together with other places, and there are a few that don't play around and just recommend us. 

On 12/2/2021 at 9:33 PM, 98Z5V said:

We'll fix the gun in short order, man, don't worry about that.  If you don't mind, what forum recommended you here?  It's always nice to work together with other places, and there are a few that don't play around and just recommend us. 

@98Z5V if my old ass memory serves me right, I think it was the AR-15.com forum... somebody had copied a link to you talking about putting the .50 in a 7-3/4" buffer tube...to make it 7-5/8,,

I was searching for answers on my bcg hitting the buffer tube and recoil being like gettin kicked by the neighbors mule by round 20...

A bunch of guys kept with the "over gassed" theme... but 1 dude said, NOPE, check this sh*t out... and boom .. here i am.. lettin you straight my gun out for me 😁😁😁

On 12/9/2021 at 8:05 PM, roach0415 said:

@98Z5V if my old ass memory serves me right, I think it was the AR-15.com forum... somebody had copied a link to you talking about putting the .50 in a 7-3/4" buffer tube...to make it 7-5/8,,

I was searching for answers on my bcg hitting the buffer tube and recoil being like gettin kicked by the neighbors mule by round 20...

A bunch of guys kept with the "over gassed" theme... but 1 dude said, NOPE, check this sh*t out... and boom .. here i am.. lettin you straight my gun out for me 😁😁😁

@98Z5V has probably lost count of the number of PSA PA-10s he's personally made run like a sewing machine, and that's just the ones we know about. You ought to see the stats on unregistered visitors to his threads on fixing their issues, there are a lot more fixed guns that's he'll never be appropriately credited for than just what meets the eye. Thank you for dropping a thank-you note where it's due, I wish more folks were doing that.

1 hour ago, roach0415 said:

Well, I'll be damned.  THAT doesn't happen often.  There's a dude over there "that knows everything," and he was here first, before getting booted.  I'm surprised he didn't bitch to the moon over that recommendation to come here...   :lmao:

We get a few from Sniper's Hide a couple times a year.  Never heard of us getting a recommendation from ARF, though.  That's pretty cool.  

Was searching for information about the mistake I made in buying a PA10. 
It came in all jacked up and I was looking for information on how to fix it. 
The hand guard was way off to the side and the gas block was seriously off center. Was considering sending it back to have them fix it under “warranty” but said to hell with it and fixed it myself today. DC168A17-D49C-48C5-B349-B3ACC18702E9.thumb.jpeg.b76bab9137567e4e7978c411e64f3e8e.jpegA807334C-1616-4F26-AC1A-EB7AB32B84CA.thumb.jpeg.3f64552d2dc928b5d80824317ec43512.jpeg

This is the first AR pattern rifle I have ever had so knew absolutely nothing about them. The one I bought was this one

PSA 20" RIFLE-LENGTH .308 1/10 NITRIDE 15" LIGHTWEIGHT M-LOK STR SSA-E RIFLE

They say on their website that all PA10 barrels are dimpled for easy gas block replacement. Sure doesn’t look dimpled to me. 04CBCCE6-24F3-4674-8ADE-9E4EF391E72F.thumb.jpeg.1547ab872cd7d3d6c3ab54ccdacd14b6.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I saw this website from a thread in the General Firearms Forum on snugbusexpress.com.  I really appreciate him pointing this place out as I do not know anything about the AR-10 other than many of the receivers and parts are proprietary.  This is one of the things that kept me away from AR-10's, especially the magazine variations and requirements when they became marketable back in the late '80's  -> early '90'; maybe??

I looking forward to getting m  AR-10's, as The Emperor told Luke about The Death Star, "com...plete...ly  op...per...ra...tion...al".

Jarhead

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, Savage11006 said:

I followed a link somebody posted from the ar10 sub on reddit

That's pretty damn cool.  The traction that this place gets surprises me, but it shouldn't, really.  We fix broken guns.  That's just what we do here. 

I love seeing the sources that the recommendations come from.  Helps me understand the reach that this forum really has. 

I've sent a couple guys here from M4Carbine.net who were getting answers all over the place on what was wrong with their rifles.  I pretty much tell them "Go there, describe whats going on, ask your questions, then LISTEN to what your told".  You'll get a rifle that works.

Probably just searching for the the differences between these large frame rifles. Never really had a problem with my AR-10 when I got it or after I modified it. Now I have an AR-10 lower and an unmarked upper that I'm going to do something with but haven't entirely decided what. I have an idea but I might create a thread to solicit ideas and get me out of my box.

Long live the real and only AR-10.

I did a search for "260AR cycling issues" and this was the first site that came up, so I put the site search function to work.  Found copious amounts of information relevant to the problems I was having with my rifle, along with other topics I didn't even know I needed to know.