• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I hate hard decisions

On 5/13/2022 at 10:55 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

There is a local person selling a Browning Hi Power from 1990.  It looks good from the pictures.  He asked $1000 but said he would take $850.  I have always liked Hi Powers and it is on "the list" to acquire.  But I just got this...

IMG_20220513_214954_2.thumb.jpg.5a49a515ca780d392358af7dd09abe92.jpg

Here is the Hi Power...

IMG_20220513_141139.thumb.jpg.7495e98d92e14275c6094a72bf9b145d.jpgIMG_20220513_141130.thumb.jpg.3605cc596f16666bf93455c57fcb21cc.jpg

Nice carbine @Armed Eye Doc !!

You NEED to get that Hi Power!

Get better pics, since it's 1990.  The Browning Hi Power had 82 years of continuous production, which ended in 2018. Get better pics of the production stamps on this thing, before you go batshiit crazy over it.  Get detailed pics, from the seller, of the slide markings.

Or, buy the new FN Hi Power, which is superior to the original in every single way, with improvements. 

Don't trade your SOUL for this thing, brother...  :lmao:  See what it is first, since it's a 1990...

The info I have on the SA HP is that it's superior (out of the box) to the original. No mag safety to remove, reduced or totally missing hammer bite, I wish I had one but I'm not going to sell my HP from '73 to get one. I had lots of work done to mine, sights, trigger, NP3 coating, Bar-Sto barrel. Mine hasn't had a mag safety for decades.

If I was thinking of a HP today it would be the SA version w/o a doubt. That would also put some time between acquisitions. 

I think you'll like it Sisco (from what I've read about it). It's basically the HP v 2.0 with everything fixed that folks paid big bux to get fixed in years past. I wish mine didn't bite me. But I'll lose too much $ to sell mine, buy new, and start all over again. The things that were wrong with the HP doomed it to newer designs and Browning didn't make changes. SA did, and if you're going to make a "new" handgun why not fix it from the get go? Back slaps to SA! If you get one let us know how you like it. IMO the HP has the best ergonomics of any handgun ever made. I'd like to know if SA perfected it.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:48 AM, 98Z5V said:

Or, buy the new FN Hi Power, which is superior to the original in every single way, with improvements. 

Yep, unless you are after some historical context with a specific era pistol the new version is the way to go.......

.......or the advertising is good cause I want one of those FN versions myself for some reason.

19 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Yep, unless you are after some historical context with a specific era pistol the new version is the way to go.......

.......or the advertising is good cause I want one of those FN versions myself for some reason.

17 hours ago, Magwa said:

shot a buddies FN version sweet pistol....

I've had the pleasure of shooting the originals, and fell in love with them.  I want that FN pretty Effin' BAD...  :lmao: