• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Shoot 2022 AAR

98Z5V

Ho-Lee-SHEEEIIIITTT!!!

Fall Shoot 2022 is behind us - well kinda.  Still a house full of brothers here right now.  We went out on Thursday, and came back this afternoon.  Just got back from dinner.

Memorable quotes:

"I was in the drunk..."

"DANCE MONKEY DANCE!!!" - immediately followed by "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!"

"You shouldn't give an Indian liquor..."

""We need to build a trebuchet..." - there's alot more to that involved, including launching shitters, and a sack of grizzly bears...

Rene on the .50 BMG - "Hahahaaaaa...   That was a motherfukker..."   :lmao:

There's alot more, with tons of pics, so brace yourselves...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

""We need to build a trebuchet..." -

I've got real life plans for one.  Copied some magazine pages years ago.  It all depends on how serious you are about flinging shiit.

I have to get my azz out there one of these times.

Edited by dpete

Such a rad weekend. It's not even about the shooting. Killer to see DNP again, even just for a day. Glad you made the run. Such a good dude. Magwa has more energy than any of us. I almost got misty when he made that point for me  money can't buy a gift like that. Rene is just as awesome as he is here on the board. It doesn't feel like a gathering without Ron ranting about something. Stoked to finally meet Roman. Seriously the best story teller ever. Our Canadian is awesome as always. Doc and Susan are couple/life goals. Matt cross is one of my favorite humans. So awesome rex made that long haul again. Mikedaddy, even though you hid in your tent half the time 😄I hope we can make this happen again with Shep, Greg, and Rob and the other usual suspect that couldn't swing this one.  I'm exhausted. I have some strange bruises. My puppers was not happy with my absence:D

Huge shout out the godfather Tom-ass. You abrasive bastard. This is your creation. You did this, and it's something special. 

I had the time of my life. Hanging with the coolest people on the planet. Firearm class was spot on with no fluff, you would spend big bucks anywhere else. Kindness was overwhelming wow I didn't know people like that were around. This event exceeded all my expectations. Thanks to everyone that shared thier firearms 🍻🍻 that.50 was a mutherfuker Rome is a prince. Everyone is just so fukin cool. Thank you everyone look forward to doing this again.🍻🍻🍻🍻

Awesome time!  Absolutely wonderful to meet all you first timers to the SDTF, and always great to see some familiar faces again.  Now you know what you're missing every time you don't come!  And that's what I enjoy so much about this group as a whole.  No matter what the combination of people we collect, there's nothing but good times with great people.  I feel fortunate to be a part of this group, so to all of you that I've met, thanks for coming and hanging out with us.  But now I need a vacation from my vacation.  LOL.

P.S.

The cheesecake alone is worth the return trip, if for nothing else.  Jus sayin... 🍰

We do indeed have some new people in "The Mile Long Club" after this event.

Let's list them all, and what gun/cartridge got them there...  I tried on the Barret .50 and Nick's 300 PRC, and couldn't get it, but I smacked that bastard on my 300 Win Mag.  I know @JBMatt got it with his 300 Win Mag, and something else.  @Magwa got it with his 6.5 x 284.  There are some others, but I'm not sure what they were shooting, and don't want to mess it up. 

I’m going to have to build a new bolt gun this year, one worthy of the mile. I’m not shooting at that target until I’m on a rifle that’s mine. It’ll be a sweeter victory for myself. Nothing against anyone banging steel in someone else’s rifle, just my own goals for myself.