• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Shoot 2022 AAR

98Z5V

@JBMatt, I stitched up the entire outside of that target with Nick's 300 PRC, and it just wasn't getting it done for me.  So, I had to get my own gun and 2-shot that thing.  Later, mid-day, wind etc., I had to get on @sketch's Big Gun - and 2-shot it. I'm just sayin'...

I've never seen another cold-bore on that target.  Hell, I haven't seen a 2-shot on it.

Well, until I did it.  Twice.   :banana:  It's okay - we'll work on you and get you there...   :thefinger::laffs:  At some point, some of my luck will rub off on you...

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

@JBMatt, I stitched up the entire outside of that target with Nick's 300 PRC, and it just wasn't getting it done for me.  So, I had to get my own gun and 2-shot that thing.  Later, mid-day, wind etc., I had to get on @sketch's Big Gun - and 2-shot it. I'm just sayin'...

I've never seen another cold-bore on that target.  Hell, I haven't seen a 2-shot on it.

Well, until I did it.  Twice.   :banana:  It's okay - we'll work on you and get you there...   :thefinger::laffs:  At some point, some of my luck will rub off on you...

You did quit after 2 shots from the 50. 😈🤣

1 hour ago, sketch said:

You did quit after 2 shots from the 50. 😈🤣

It's on vid, and Doc posted it - I at least pulled a 3rd shot - but didn't need to.   :banana:

Put my Win Mag down after the 2nd trigger pull.  Didn't need to prove anything - unless someone else cold-bored it.  I'm just sayin'... 

I did my part.  Let's get those other guys to step up, and make it interesting...  They set the bar.  I just defeat that bar, and they need to reset it...   :hornet::laffs:

Some call it luck.  It's been a good string of lucky, then. I think the string will continue for me.  I hope it rubs off sometime, and someone catches "my issues..."...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

45 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I prefer this version...

There's some hawt chicks dancing in that vid, I won't deny it, you're right, I won't even try.  I get it.

However, look at that vid I posted - old dudes fucking with EVERYBODY on the golf course - messing up shots for people, talking shiit, creating mayhem, out there on the golf course...

You substitute golf clubs for guns, substitute all that pretty grass for desert dirt and scrub brush...  That's US...  :lmao::laffs:

You lay down here for a shot on a target at distance, and I'll be right behind you whispering the magic words of encouragement,... "Just don't Fuk it up, brother..."   :banana:

I hear this from @JBMatt before I start each stage at the matches...   Quietly, over my shoulder...  It's either that, or "HEY!  Just don't suck!"...   BEEP!!!   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, sketch said:

So I found another 15 spent cases. that's a total of 60 on hand and a few keeper. We had a blast with the 50 slap! 

I can't believe I kept it quiet, but I did.  That was the Shocker for the weekend, brother!  :banana:

Speaking of points to everyone that did not get one I apologize I had enough rock I just ran out of steam the last day but I will get you one done next year so please remind me...

well I got the lightest bullet to the mile but it took me a lot more rounds than two those big 30's and that monster 50 are just like WOW.... But I am a happy guy to do it with my own gun .......I had a ton of great advice as well as some awesome spotting... Thanks everyone....

16 minutes ago, Magwa said:

well I got the lightest bullet to the mile but it took me a lot more rounds than two those big 30's and that monster 50 are just like WOW....

That 6.5-284 Norma was a beast, and got it done.  By your own hand, and your own gun. :hail:

As far as the Win Mags, there's me and @JBMatt shooting those bastards regularly here at the Mile, and intimidating each other.  A recent conversation (that I'd NEVER disclose publicly, EVER)  OOPS!  between he and I, was the projectiles that we were loading in those Win Mags.  He's loading 220 Hornady ELD-Xs with a G1 BC of .654.  I load the 225gr Hornady ELD-Ms with a G1 BC of .777...   I don't know what his MV is, but I'm driving those 225s at 2932 fps.  They're fukking SCREAMIN'...  for a 225 .30 cal bullet. 

I'm not sure, but I think he was looking at the bullet-deficit that he was loading, over what I was loading...  I THINK...  he thinks I was cheating...   :lmao:

That mile is just an educated guess, crap shoot.  Especially in those conditions we were shooting in.  Sometimes, things work out and sometimes they don't.  I definitely hit it fewer times this trip than I ever have.  That's just the way it goes sometimes.

I was really stoked for @Magwa to connect with his 6.5-284.  Super cool! 

@sketch I really appreciate you bringing all that cool hardware to share.  So very cool to have the opportunity to send those monsters down range.  I'm not curious anymore about what a 50 will do.  It kills on one end and maims on the other!  :laffs: 

That sum's it up I would consider that .50 BMG a violent rifle. Thanks again everyone for sharing your firearms. Hanging out with cool people.. priceless. Just got home single digits with the wind gusting to 32 mph clicking my heels say "there's no place like the 🏜️ there's no place like the 🏜️ Thanks everyone 😘🇺🇸🍻🍻🍻

14 hours ago, JBMatt said:

Especially in those conditions we were shooting in.  Sometimes, things work out and sometimes they don't.  I definitely hit it fewer times this trip than I ever have. 

We were shooting late morning, afternoon, mid-afternoon this time - and that's something that we never do, because the wind just sucks all day.  Usually, it's only sending rounds that far - right after the full sunrise, when it's semi-calm. 

On 11/15/2022 at 2:57 PM, Magwa said:

I have been in a rut in my life for a few years Life ,health, family, has been a tough few but after these few days of just being..... I feel i have peeked over the edge and can once again see who I am. I feel rejuvenated in spirit and feel like getting after it (life) again....no one person is responsible for this event because it is made up from the sum of the whole without any one of you it could not happen . this thing created in the desert is for the soul it is food for the spirit it does not matter what goals we did or did not accomplish there it is not how many things we did, it is about giving of yourself to another it is the greatest gift we have our love for another human being I am truly blessed thank you ALL.....

This right hear speaks to me greatly and is one of the main reasons I do this trip and many like it! It’s a great reset mind, body, and soul!!!!

On 11/15/2022 at 5:44 PM, 98Z5V said:

Admission to make...  

I'll be honest, I've talked to Rene on the phone for years now. Many.  He's posted a couple pics of himself, only once in awhile, during the house remodel and all.  Well, in my feeble mind, seeing a full pic of him - I imagined him as something like 5'8" or 5'9"...  :laffs:

This fukkin dude is HUGE!!!   :lmao:  I don't know what kinda 6-footer he is, but he's 6-something, and it's not the lower end, barely 6.  That was the funniest part of the weekend for me, right there.  He's damn near Larry-sized...   :banana:

@392heminut

I’ve been waiting for this post from someone for some time now lol. 

On 11/15/2022 at 11:10 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'm glad that this trip worked, and the timing couldn't have been better.  You had multiple trips inside a big one - well done, Rene.  :hail:

That’s the best way to do it, knock out a few things in one run! 

also if you fuckers woulda told me there was cheese cake I would have come!!!! 

ps: I’m not sure who Kelly is, but it sounds like we could have a .308AR cook off on our hands @DNP

7 hours ago, shepp said:

ps: I’m not sure who Kelly is, but it sounds like we could have a .308AR cook off on our hands @DNP

He ran a restaurant for 25 years, and got out of that business when it wasn't fun anymore.  Now, he only cooks for fun.  He decided to build a gun, and it was phonecalls to friends, which led to us.  We're all friends now...   🥰:laffs:

His gun is fixed, runs, and he feels that he needs to cook to repay the favors...  It's a beautiful relationship...   :lmao::banana:

On 11/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, 98Z5V said:

He ran a restaurant for 25 years, and got out of that business when it wasn't fun anymore.  Now, he only cooks for fun.  He decided to build a gun, and it was phonecalls to friends, which led to us.  We're all friends now...   🥰:laffs:

His gun is fixed, runs, and he feels that he needs to cook to repay the favors...  It's a beautiful relationship...   :lmao::banana:

awesome! That’s what I tell everyOne who tells me I should open a restaurant, that takes all the fun outta it!