• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Shoot 2022 AAR

98Z5V

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

Sketch lives as does Cunuckgaucho just got in a bit ago.. I'll report back.

Great to hear that you made it home.  Try not to stay away from the desert so long next time.  Thanks for allowing me, and others, the opportunity to fondle that large hunk of manhood that you have.  That Barrett was awesome. :thumbup:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

WHOA! Look at that ugly thing. And the shirt it's wearing isn't much better. :laffs:

Luckily for him, the smiling cuz turns the picture around. Glad you got some good time with her my man. I know that you were looking forward to it.

She said "you know I'm terminal" I said "at our age we're all terminal " we laughed it was a green day.

24 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

She said "you know I'm terminal" I said "at our age we're all terminal " we laughed it was a green day.

I'm glad that this trip worked, and the timing couldn't have been better.  You had multiple trips inside a big one - well done, Rene.  :hail:

Where to start.. I will hold up a glass, and cheers to all that attended the fall shoot 2022 🍻🍻 I have to say Tomass has the most heart in this gathering, he inspired me a few years back and its is an overwhelming feeling of brotherhood and sisters , that can't be mimicked on this planet with everyone that turns out.  I even thought about the brothers that miss this event! This year I feel even more bonded to the group as the love and like mind is from all different walks of life. Thank you to the new faces you are in my family now... like it or not😈 I could go on but I'm actually fucking tired now. This was a legendary one for the books,  shenanigans and all.

THANK YOU !  

Ps. If I had a dollar for every semi that flashed their high beams at me I wouldn't have to play the lottery. Cock suckers!

20221110_094235.jpg

Glad you’re all home safely.  I’m still excited I got to get out there and see everyone, new and old. That adds a few new faces to the list I’ve been fortunate enough to meet. There’s only a few full-timers on this site I haven’t met in person. Going to have to find a way to fix that. Maybe someday we’ll run into @imschur in the desert. 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, unforgiven said:

My hands are a little sore to mention everyone by name you know who you are and it was indeed a honor to be in your company. 

Eric showed everyone that Canadians don't just speak Spanish :lmao:

Brother it was so good to meet you in person, in a pinch I can swear in Galic :thumbup:

On 11/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, DNP said:

I’m going to have to build a new bolt gun this year, one worthy of the mile. I’m not shooting at that target until I’m on a rifle that’s mine. It’ll be a sweeter victory for myself. Nothing against anyone banging steel in someone else’s rifle, just my own goals for myself. 

I'm with you on this, at least bolt gun is still a go and since I can't spend money buying pistols and ARs the budget has opened up. The next fall shoot gives me a goal and a timeline. 

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

:lmao::laffs:

You have to stay to the end, next time, brother.  After we packed out on Sunday, we hit Casa De Pain, unloaded everything, cleaned ourselves up, and went out to a place called Raceway.  We came back to the house, and it kept going.  At some point, it was too much for Eric, and he had to lay down - on the floor, with his head on the rung of a bar chair.  I have no idea in the world how this was remotely comfortable, but it worked for him.

Roman couldn't help it, and just HAD to fuq with him...  :banana:

thumbnail_IMG_3388.thumb.jpg.55a907a9befbe72632afbfd8ac43a71e.jpg

To get comfortable, the trick is to use a small backpack for support making sure the tomohawk strapped to the outside is in line with the spine :lmao:

A special shout out to my travel companions, @Magwa and @sketch made the drive down so much better. The view starting off.

snow.thumb.jpg.ca1c296eccfc55426ef652189c7c4703.jpg

Even after crossing into Nevada we stopped to get gas and was standing around blowing snow and a biting wind... what the frick( my inner Matt talking) ... it was warmer back home on the otherside of the border.

It wasn't all sunshine and unicorn farts, things got bad and we had to go to half rations

breakfast.thumb.jpg.7f4babdb42d223d5d47d3aea037f80d5.jpg

A shout out to Kim and what ever that corn concoction was was amazing doubly so as I'm not a corn eater.

Then there was taco and cheesecake night, well the English language or at least my limited vocabulary doesn't allow me to find the words to give the meal justice. Kelly along with being an amazing cook is just a great person. Also providing another culinary delite was Jen. The name escapes me but chicken in folded buttered bread( apperently local upstate New York).

kelly.thumb.jpg.ccf65af499651e1a08945e2ebdcd8311.jpg

So glad that the covid travel crap is over and already setting up for spring shoot 2023. 

It was great to see everyone again and get to meet the rest of you in person for the first time. 

8 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Also providing another culinary delite was Jen. The name escapes me but chicken in folded buttered bread( apperently local upstate New York).

Speedies!  Those things ROCK, with the marinated chicken.  I fire up the grill everytime, and she gets after it and cooks up a batch.

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

FYI prayers for Kelly and his mom as they are in a difficult position because of medical issues. The brother is a big teddy bear that is also a baking mofo.

Ditto - he's an incredible person, and he'll be out there for every single shoot from now on, if his schedule permits.  We already worked that out.  He'll have at least one meal per trip, maybe more.  Details on that will follow. 

On 11/15/2022 at 8:51 PM, 98Z5V said:

So, Rex had a tripod for glass.  Or camera, or binos, or whatever Rex needed.  Sometime in the dark, Rex's bipod was stepped on, and a leg was broken.  This is Rex's tripod now:

thumbnail_IMG_3390.thumb.jpg.77612c0f3b429dbd4fe0e67e985f9d21.jpg

So, the un-named person that stepped on Rex's tripod, in the dark, comes up to Rex and explains it to him...

"I was walking back there, in the dark, and I didn't see your tripod, and I accidentally stepped on it.  I'm going to buy you a new one, I just need to know where you got it..."

Rex says no - no problem.  Don't worry, I was getting a new one anyway...

Un-named person says, "Nope, I'm getting you a new one.  It was my fault.  I was in the drunk..."  :lmao::laffs:

I was definitely in the drunk that night.  I had ordered this shirt but it didn't come in soon enough to make the trip.  It would have been appropriate that night.

IMG_20221117_174507.thumb.jpg.5b2b3df60249e3221c41d6e439dfa1af.jpg

It was great meeting all the new to me folks and seeing the old ones again.

Magwa the skill and patience it takes to make those points is incredible.

Unforgiven sorry you couldn't stay a bit longer.

Sketch you brought some cool toys.

Canuckgoucho a real pleasure.

Doc and Susan glad I finally got to meet yall. Thanks for the warm bed.

Rsquared it was a pleasure.

Matt always a pleasure.

JB Matt keep Tom on his toes at the matches.

Tom and Kim thanks for everything. Great folks to hang with.

If I left anyone out it's my bad memory.

22 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V Dance, monkey!  Dance!

DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!   :lmao:

That's BEAUTIFUL, Doc!!!   I didn't know anyone got my smartass comment on video, so I wasn't gonna say anything.  NOW, however...   I'm saying it...   :banana:

I rocked the secret-surprise from @sketch - his .50 that I was sworn not to tell anyone about.  I hit that mile in the 2nd shot with it.  As it turns out, I hit that mile with my Win Mag on the 2nd shot, as well.

I think I shot two guns this weekend, at the mile, and nailed that little fukker on the 2nd shot...   I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

@JBMatt...  That's the next best thing to a cold-bore...   :hornet:

Edited by 98Z5V

24 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's the next best thing to a cold-bore...

Pretty sure that means you're only half as good now.  You earn the award for the most unimproved shooter, I suppose? :lmao:

But I'm pretty sure I remember you sitting down and launching 15 or so rounds through something with no contact prior to your hero moments.  You got enough practice at some point to get warmed up.  As tricky as the wind was, there was a ton of luck on a lot of those impacts.  But like I always say, I'd rather be lucky than good...  You should go buy a lottery ticket.  :laffs: