• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall Shoot 2022 AAR

98Z5V

On 11/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, sketch said:

I'm glad that all that wanted a taste got more than a mouthful 👍some came back for seconds. 🍻🍻  @magwa you were on fire the whole trip bro! You had us cracking up day and night!! 

Well I felt kinda bad I did not stay up with you guys and party BUT as we spoke in the star ship Raptor

Me and the evil fire water have to go easy and thanks to you and Eric I stayed out of trouble  what the hell it was a great time and I got some sleep while the wild ones held the fort....

🙂

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, DNP said:

I got the next project for you. Might be a weekend, or you might knock it out in an afternoon. Heated Driveway. Never shovel again. 

On 11/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, Czgunner said:

What does that cost to run?

A boiler, bunch of pex and some concrete 

1C1CA334-5E78-40EA-95AE-724CF56CE6BC.jpeg

On 11/20/2022 at 9:37 AM, Cunuckgaucho said:

The perks of being able to dance like a monkey...

0hvBx.jpg

That monkey is SMART!!!  He's got a hand full of sideboob!   :hail::laffs:

4 hours ago, shepp said:

A boiler, bunch of pex and some concrete 

1C1CA334-5E78-40EA-95AE-724CF56CE6BC.jpeg

That is truly badass right there...  

Well, it sounds like this year's fall shoot was a big success! I don't know if Doc told you all why I couldn't make it (aside from the fact that I was in Albuquerque with my wife for a class she went to), but I am recovering from knee surgery. Not a knee replacement (although that is definitely happening before it's all over with). The doc went in and cleaned up the meniscus on both sides and told me that I'm already bone on bone in a couple of spots. This is my right knee and Rene can attest to this, a lot of the damage was from kick starting Harleys over the years. The left knee is in considerably better shape. I've had a hard time just walking very far for over a year and a half now.

So, here I am limping around and at the first of the week my neck starts bothering me and it works it's way down to my shoulder. I figure I slept wrong and pinched a nerve, I've done that several times. Not so lucky this time! Yesterday I started getting getting bumps on the back of my neck and my personal nurse called my doc and sent him pics. I have fukkin shingles! FML!!!!

Edited by 392heminut

On 11/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, 392heminut said:

Well, it sounds like this year's fall shoot was a big success! I don't know if Doc told you all why I couldn't make it (aside from the fact that I was in Albuquerque with my wife for a class she went to), but I am recovering from knee surgery. Not a knee replacement (although that is definitely happening before it's all over with). The doc went in and cleaned up the meniscus on both sides and told me that I'm already bone on bone in a couple of spots. This is my right knee and Rene can attest to this, a lot of the damage was from kick starting Harleys over the years. The left knee is in considerably better shape. I've had a hard time just walking very far for over a year and a half now.

So, here I am limping around and at the first of the week my neck starts bothering me and it works it's way down to my shoulder. I figure I slept wrong and pinched a nerve, I've done that several times. Not so lucky this time! Yesterday I started getting getting bumps on the back of my neck and my personal nurse called my doc and sent him pics. I have fukkin shingles! FML!!!!

Sorry to hear that brother, a bum knee is no joke, believe me I understand. Rebuild both if they'll let you... 

3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Get well soon because we are in need of a 200yd  pistol shot straight from the truck.  I tried my best but you set the bar! 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:46 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I hate to hear about the shingles.  Hopefully, you got treatment started soon enough to avoid a really bad case.

As soon as the bumps started popping up my wife said it was shingles and was on the phone with my doc, she has his cell phone number. He had here send a couple of pics and then immediately sent prescriptions to my pharmacy. This schit has popped up on the left side of my lower face, neck behind my ear into my hair and a little on my back and chest.

I started the antiviral within a couple of hours of getting diagnosed. The skin where ever this has popped up is kind of numb and I have been blessed to not really have any itching or burning. I am damn glad I didn't get it around my waist, I hear that can be a real biotch!

On 11/26/2022 at 11:02 AM, Sisco said:

That sucks Hemi. Think I will get that shingles vaccine I keep forgetting.

Do it brother! Do it NOW! This schit sucks, and mine is apparently a milder case. I thought about getting the shingles vaccine and the pneumonia vaccine about a month ago and didn't do it. I am sorry I put it off.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:49 PM, Matt.Cross said:

Sorry to hear that brother, a bum knee is no joke, believe me I understand. Rebuild both if they'll let you... 

My surgeon wants to put the right knee off as long as possible but said it will most likely be within the next 4 or 5 years. The left one has osteoarthritis too but it's not as bad as the right one. I have a friend that I've shot USPSA with for a couple of decades who had bilateral knee replacement. He told me "Whatever you do, DON"T do both of them at the same time!"

38 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I started the antiviral within a couple of hours of getting diagnosed. The skin where ever this has popped up is kind of numb and I have been blessed to not really have any itching or burning. I am damn glad I didn't get it around my waist, I hear that can be a real biotch!

Are you only on the antivirals?  If so, ask if gabapentin is an option for you.  Susan had a very mild case of the shingles a few years ago.  I saw it early and she got on meds the next day.  She was given antivirals and gabapentin and it went away quickly with little after effects.  Gabapentin is a nerve medication and can have some bad side effects, so ask if it is right for you.  Steroids are also a possible treatment for the inflammation.  But, again, they're not for everyone.