• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

Rene and Shepp got smoke for ya Rene now we can put a lot more smoke into our GMG smokers even at high temps! The problem was overcoming the positive pressure that the fan produces...

when the lid is closed. the smoke from the GMG would blow back into the smoke daddy and the lids gotta be closed right?.....the smoke daddy works like a charm now

:) Wash

Edited by washguy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a pork loin smoked at 325 dgrees for 2 hours until internal is 165 degrees.....this was done with the smoke daddy providing the extra smoke

the last 15 mins you baste with Shepp's awesome peach bbq sauce...available everywhere gourmet foods are sold! :)  Wash

IMG_0816_zps074ff23b.jpg

IMG_0819_zpsf5f03783.jpg

IMG_0821_zps67530d46.jpg

Your smoker has a fan in it?

More like special ordered outta my kitchen :)

Yeppers....Rene and I have a green mountain pellet smoker. The hopper has a fan that puts air pressure into the hoppper/auger so that the flame doesnt burn back down the auger into the hopper and also puts major air into the firebox for the burn.

So the holidays are almost here....im thinkin you have some special goodies bottled up? lol

Yeppers....Rene and I have a green mountain pellet smoker. The hopper has a fan that puts air pressure into the hoppper/auger so that the flame doesnt burn back down the auger into the hopper and also puts major air into the firebox for the burn.

So the holidays are almost here....im thinkin you have some special goodies bottled up? lol

Well sh!t I don't have a fan so I could probably run one bone stock lol. I'm done canning for awhile, last thing I'll do is canned venison with my left overs. I've done 23 pints of apple sauce, 22 pints of salsa and counting what I sent you 16 pints of peach sauce. Oh and 6 quarts tomatoes. Plus I just got done dehydrating and smoking the 5 gallons of mixed peppers I picked before the first frost.

Guys  today is pork butt day....trimmed the fat off rubbed it down with billy bobsand dizzy pig dust refridge till 6:30 am

so my remote thermometer crapped out form Gander mountain...and once again they suk...lol

so, using google fu found an apple I grill remote but they wanted 125 bills no way

I went to cabellas eyeing reloading presses then went to the bbq section and there was the igrill marked down to 69 bills and with my coupon 59 bills....its really kewl...transmits via bluetooth to iphones and ipads

so heres some pics while we wait for pulled pork  :)  Wash

IMG_0871_zpsb7bf811b.jpg

IMG_0872_zps510db4b8.jpg

IMG_0878_zps99f718b1.jpg

IMG_0894_zpse9b92173.jpg

Edited by washguy

Took a double hit yesterday.....first Cabellas...me I got nuthin...Char got some cowboy boots...lol

so on the way back stopped at the butchers and got a 15 lb brisket...so prepped last nite then got up at 6am to start smokin

did it different....cut off the fat cap....damn the 15 pounder is now a 10 pounder...then used the 3-2-1 method...no spritzing....just lots of smoke from the new smoke daddy  :) Wash

IMG_0920_zps367d417c.jpg

IMG_0923_zps6ade21d4.jpg

IMG_0932_zps2e783ee0.jpg

IMG_0935_zps0ce18a5f.jpg

This won't be a smoker, or grilling - but the deep pit.  Next weekend, me and DNP are meeting up for our Thanksgiving ritual, out in the sand.  I picked up two 15lb turkeys today, and the ribs.  Got 4 racks, totaling 24lbs.  These things are monsters.  Dawn Marie started the vacuum packs today, dropped a rack in each pack, and stuck in the marinade.  They don't go into the campfire pit until next Saturday night.  <thumbsup>

100_1465_zpscd491b6b.jpg

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic