Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kids don’t care for the death dust...so the big bag I have is lasting me quite a while. That rub right there is amazing. He nailed that one. Perfect heat, great flavor. I coat my wings in that stuff straight. Toss them in a bag of olive oil and dust.  I might do some 3:1 secret weapon and dust next time. 

29 minutes ago, DNP said:

Kids don’t care for the death dust...so the big bag I have is lasting me quite a while. That rub right there is amazing. He nailed that one. Perfect heat, great flavor. I coat my wings in that stuff straight. Toss them in a bag of olive oil and dust.  I might do some 3:1 secret weapon and dust next time. 

Add a teaspoon of corn starch to your wing mix next time and let them sit an hour or so in that mix is a game changer 

The wife had a wild hair and went non traditional. We had some really thin NY strips in the freezer, sliced them up browned them in the frying  and made her version of beef stoganoff over  egg noodles, turned out very good! Had a corn casserole, and dinner rolls and X-mas jello, topped off with Pecan  and cherry pie and ice cream. She is used to cooking holiday meals for 10-15 people,  now only have 4 of use so had plenty of food. Daughter and son in law were over, every one ate way to much! great day, hope all of you folks had a great time as well.

14 minutes ago, sketch said:

yes actually half a beer and a shot of tequila adds a hint of flavor and keeps it moist internally!

If I hadn't dumped the Ex-Again last night, I might have tried that.  Provide beer, give a shot of tequila, because...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, shepp said:

Costco is giving away prime brisket right now, saw it in a first a few Facebook groups so it’s not just here. 

im gonna do this whole, eat some of it and chunk the rest up for a few recipes like brisket chilly 

10CDF73C-237F-4482-884D-0EDDC711BFDD.jpeg

It would be easier in pieces brother take off thinner first thicker last. Just my 2 mag's

12 hours ago, shepp said:

Nah I’m doing her whole

Hell yeah, you got skills. Now that I can focus on cooking meat without over cooking. I try whatever I can using foil wrapping to prevent burning and using Thermo pen. After all these years made a prime rib and took it off at 120* let it rest what an amazing difference. Here's to giving the GM a good workout for 2021 🍺🍺

There isn't anything that anyone here has made that I wouldn't eat. :drool: