Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small gathering at our place, our daughter and husband wife and  myself. Wife coated a 5-1/2lb prime rib with a mix of butter and rub put it in a 500 degree oven for 25 min. shut oven off, 3 hours later probe read 137, let rest covered with foil for 10 min,  perfect! Sweet potatoes, backed potatoes ham, dinner rolls, green bean casserole, finished off with pumpkin pie and or pecan pie and vanilla ice cream. to busy stuffing myself to take pictures, everyone had a good time. Nothing better than spending time with family. Hope everyone had a safe holiday.

12 hours ago, shrade said:

Small gathering at our place, our daughter and husband wife and  myself. Wife coated a 5-1/2lb prime rib with a mix of butter and rub put it in a 500 degree oven for 25 min. shut oven off, 3 hours later probe read 137, let rest covered with foil for 10 min,  perfect! Sweet potatoes, backed potatoes ham, dinner rolls, green bean casserole, finished off with pumpkin pie and or pecan pie and vanilla ice cream. to busy stuffing myself to take pictures, everyone had a good time. Nothing better than spending time with family. Hope everyone had a safe holiday.

I would say that really beats the traditional Thanksgiving Day fare of turkey and ham!

Wife and I were alone (stay at home) and had nice grilled  "T"-bones , baked taters and salad, Police dog   "Sunshine" ate a lot of steak and promptly took a long nap.  Unfortunately I watched the unnamed Washington Football Team  put the whup upon the Dallas "sissified" Cowboys for a few minutes. 

13 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Unfortunately I watched the unnamed Washington Football Team  put the whup upon the Dallas "sissified" Cowboys for a few minutes. 

Saw that one, too - isn't that just about a COMPLETE crock of shiit?!...  Saw something on the sides of the players helmets - yeah, just jersey numbers.  PC Bullshiit is ruiing the entire country...  

Sorry, Grilling thread.   I'll get a pic of my turkey up here soon.  :bitchslap:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You didn't play around - looks delicious!!!   I like how you laid it all out in the pan first, brother - that's artwork, right there.  :hail:

You smoke it 45 min- hour before mixing it sO that everything gets some smoke. Then  stir it all up and go another hour or two

-1 roll hot pork sausage -1 package chorizo -3 jalapeños semi seeded and diced -1/2 sweet onion diced -2 10oz cans fire roasted rotel -1 14.5oz can original rotel -2 pound block of velveeta blanco queso and 8oz cream cheese 

temp 225 2-3,hours lay out as pictured if smoking or even cooked in wood or charcoal 45-60 min later stir and let go an hour or so longer stirring often 

first time I did it, it didn’t have enough heat, this time it was about perfect 

Edited by shepp

8 minutes ago, shepp said:

You should get a smoke tube for your gas grill be a nice touch even when doing things like steaks or burgers 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/A-MAZE-N-12-in-Smoker-Tube-AZACC001240085/301314638

I'm IN.  I'll get a couple of those things and run 'em!  Right on, brother!  :banana:

11 hours ago, shepp said:

You smoke it 45 min- hour before mixing it sO that everything gets some smoke. Then  stir it all up and go another hour or two

-1 roll hot pork sausage -1 package chorizo -3 jalapeños semi seeded and diced -1/2 sweet onion diced -2 10oz cans fire roasted rotel -1 14.5oz can original rotel -2 pound block of velveeta blanco queso and 8oz cream cheese 

temp 225 2-3,hours lay out as pictured if smoking or even cooked in wood or charcoal 45-60 min later stir and let go an hour or so longer stirring often 

first time I did it, it didn’t have enough heat, this time it was about perfect 

this is a great idea ! 🍻👍🏻