• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

:drool: Looks fantastic! Love me some monster smoked beef ribs.  I smoked two pork shoulders yesterday, which pretty much look like all the other pork shoulders I have smoked and posted about. Food Saver bagged and froze 80% of it for quick meals Made up Mexican carne asada bowls with it the last two nights.

On 9/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, Sisco said:

:drool: Looks fantastic! Love me some monster smoked beef ribs.  I smoked two pork shoulders yesterday, which pretty much look like all the other pork shoulders I have smoked and posted about. Food Saver bagged and froze 80% of it for quick meals Made up Mexican carne asada bowls with it the last two nights.

That’s the best thing do do with them imo especially as a single dude or a couple. Smoke them eat a meat freeze the rest in 2# bags, they thaw in a bowl of water in 30 min 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

Is that what this is, below?

image.jpeg.16d5259ce236dc9ffead18c86a2e2a7b.jpeg

You gotta give that one up, brother, and spill the details on what that thing is/does.  I need to make that one...  

the corn meal is on Amazon, my 10” skillet wasn’t as deep as hers next time I’m gonna do it in my big skillet or Dutch oven. Oh and I subbed half and half for butter milk, I highly reccomend it 

On 9/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, Sisco said:

Following as well

Dirk ended up texting me, but this is how I did them. Rubbed the night before, covered and refrigerated, also used brisket rub not meat church.  like Matt says in the direction pull on tenderness. When your prob slides in and out like better they’re done. I had tech issues with my probe, but start checking 198-205. I rested tented on the counter 1 hour, my temp was 170 when I cut into them 

Check out this recipe: https://traeger.page.link/aDE1Zw49FtDbL34GA

Rubbed mine with some VooDoo from meat church. In the smoker at 250. Left them alone. Checked after 6-7 hours and they were good. A little barky in some spots, but pretty good. They were over 200 and the probe slid in and out easy…like butta. No need to rip anything off them before hand, no spritz. 

On 9/9/2023 at 11:57 AM, DNP said:

What are “left-overs”?

I’m a single man who cooked 6# of rich fatty meat, plenty of left overs 

On 9/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, DNP said:

Shepp needs to start a food truck side job. 

That would take the fun outta it, I’d rather just cook for friends

5 hours ago, shepp said:

I’m a single man who cooked 6# of rich fatty meat, plenty of left overs 

That would take the fun outta it, I’d rather just cook for friends

That is it in a nut shell.  Best way to make a million, open a restaurant and spend two million doing it.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'm right there with ya, brother.  I cook on the weekends, for the week.  :thumbup:

It’s a blessing and a curse! I’m seeing a girl who lives down the road from me, I’m hoping it works out for many reasons, including some one to cook for