imschur

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made a couple of brisket's for church today but didn't get a picture.  I also made this Mac and cheese.

He doesn't give amounts for the ingredients so I had to wing it.  The only thing I changed was adding chopped up bacon to the melted cheese mix.  It is definitely a keeper but only to be made for special occasions.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't know what I'd do with a giant tub of mac and cheese like that, but watching that sure makes me want to cook it up.

You can make that next time blueberry comes over. She’ll know what to do with a tub of it. 

This is Steakzilla. What happens when you tell the butcher to cut all steaks 2 inches thick, including round steaks. That is an 8 inch blade chef knife next to it. In the old days you pounded round steaks to tenderize them. But now I use this contraption on all my steaks. it shoves dozens of small steel blades into the meat to break up connective tissue and let in seasonings and air. And it works. Found on Amazon. When it thaws, I will prep it , season it and bag it in the refrigerator overnight. Cook it tomorrow on the grill and bias slice it for fajitas for a bunch of friends. I will try to remember to snap some pictures. 

PXL_20230427_223834695.jpg

PXL_20230427_224257798.jpg

Edited by Sisco

I’ve only ever reverse seared beef before. I had a single chicken boob tonight that I needed to cook so I reverse seared it with a flank steak tonight. 225 45 min, pull and turn up to 500, seared the steak 4 min each side chicken like 6 min total. Chicken was probably one of the best breasts I’ve ever done the smoke locked in all the moisture, it was super juicy and tender! 

2D043298-675E-4535-8D5A-7D8F640F4B72.jpeg

CA22B979-61BA-436B-9ADC-91FCE187FA52.jpeg

E3DA8DF6-1173-43B3-9C70-2B3218042351.jpeg

11 hours ago, jim3326 said:

Got a dilemma now. Do I do the right thing and pick one of these up or no? The wife has a hard time eating beef anymore, dentures don't fit good so she really doesn't like to eat steak much. She loves steak, just can't chew it. 

Good risk. The price of a small steak.

Pouring rain threw a wrench in my barbecue plans so I ended up reverse searing it in garlic butter in a cast iron skillet. No one complained though. Served with homemade guacamole, caramelized onions and red peppers, black beans, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. Barely fit in a 12” skillet.

PXL_20230428_223956671.jpg

PXL_20230428_224730438.jpg

Edited by Sisco