• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best battle rifle

BLKSHEEP

Which one would you choose for battle/ Please click on the poll!  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose for battle/ Please click on the poll!

• RRA
    • LMT
    • DPMS
    • NOVESKE
    • PWS
    • LARUE
    • POF
    • LWRC
    • ARMALITE
    • LES BAER
    • GAP 10
    • JP
    • COLT
    • HOME BREW

It's WWlll and you're deploying to France (because they gave up again  <lmao> <laughs>) then to the jungles of Brazil,from there you'll go to the sand box. You can only carry one rifle from the above poll & there are no spare parts or cleaning kit,which one will you choose?

Yes i'm bored and can't sleep <munch>

I intentionally left off KAC due to the lack of availibility and extremely high price,their not allowed on my poll ;D

You asked what "what would you take?" so my first choice to take was one that was already issued.  Before the M110 hit, it was SR-25s.  <thumbsup>

Like brother Jon said my RRA cause of FAL mags.But probably if that carped out due to a broken spring[Had a good friend that was a Legionaire]He said next to the rifle spare springs are in order because if one fails try finding one.It would be what the enemy was using [probably com-block] because of spare parts and ammo.Also the confusion caused by the different sound of round would help .

Also the confusion caused by the different sound of round would help .

That is a two edged sword, if your own side hears the enemy's rifle fire they might shoot  you.

Happened in WW-2.  Classic incident.  An American Division in France found a warehouse full of German sub-machine guns and issued them to all.  The German SMG was a superior weapon.  Next battle,  the American Division adjacent heard the distinctive sound of all the German SMG's and turned their artillery (mostly heavy mortars) against the sound of what they thought was German units flanking them.  Lots of friendly fire casualties before it could be explained and stopped.

• 2 months later...

I would say a homebrew MATEN b/c if anything does go wrong with it, I can scrounge parts from most of those other guns on the list to rebuild it. With all the things I'm trying to incorporate into my planned build, I'm pretty sure it will be as reliable if not more so than the others on the list.

I'd put a Noveske N6, LaRue OBR, or Colt CM901 against any other 7.62x51 ever made. The 91 and FAL were good guns, but are WAY out classed by top tier 308AR's.

They may shoot more accurately but they are not going to survive the rough n rugged conditions or shoot the garbage steel cased surplus ammo that the PTR or FAL will.... The tolerances are just to tight on the SR25/AR10..... I would not want to take my SR25 precision rifle in to battle as a primary weapons system. my AR15 or FAL would be much better suited to that role. But that is just my thoughts on the matter and I have never been to war or fired a weapon at some one so anything I say/think is pretty much worthless.

what can a 4,000 dollar gun do that mine can't?

Probably this > http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/nineisfine2/?action=view&current=REPR762mm.mp4  :o    ;D

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit... My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!